Former Cov. Holy Cross student suing KHSAA

MidwestUnited

Well, the thing is, there are only so many starting spots on each team. There simply isn't room for everybody to just transfer whenever they want. And if somebody wants to transfer for a better opportunity to play, so what?? Again, while transfers may increase, you're going to see a handful, rather than widespread occurrences. So not enough spots coupled with the fact that it's really inconvenient to go to school outside of your district is going to limit the number of people that will want to transfer.

Agree to disagree. I think we will see more than you all think. Especially when it would open up the door more for recruiting of other schools players. Plus most kids and parents probably would think little Johnny could switch schools and take a starting spot over a kid already there because they believe they are that good. Plus in my post above I also believe it would lead to even more of a decline in coaches. Holding players accountable becomes even tougher for kids, when parents and kids do and can just switch schools when unhappy with a decision by a coach.

So I'll just agree to disagree on how big or little of an impact it would have.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played baseball a couple years and basketball for a year.

And I'm sure I will. I go to and cheer on my nieces and nephew's sporting events, but that doesn't mean they aren't boring as all get out.

If high school sports are so why are you on here talking about high school sports?

To my point, I have a close friend that is very closely associated through his work with high school sports. He said it's almost a universal truth that the adults & parents involved in HS sports care way more than the kids playing do.

IMO, this thread is a great example of that.

There are so many kids that are transferring now could you imagine what it would be like if you just allowed without any rules.

So many?? Yes there are kids here and there that transfer, many of which have legitimate address changes or other changes in living status. There's no denying it happens. But I wouldn't exactly call it rampant. The fact that there a few that get made a big deal out of, is what leads people to believe there are "so many".

To my point, I have a close friend that is very closely associated through his work with high school sports. He said it's almost a universal truth that the adults & parents involved in HS sports care way more than the kids playing do.

Doesn't matter what he says because I know a lot of kids playing who do care more than parents. I will repeat again parents put in a lot of time and money but you wouldn't know that yet.

Tell those kids who play basketball and football for CovCath, tell them their parents care more than they do.

So many?? Yes there are kids here and there that transfer, many of which have legitimate address changes or other changes in living status. There's no denying it happens. But I wouldn't exactly call it rampant. The fact that there a few that get made a big deal out of, is what leads people to believe there are "so many".

More than a few.

I would say it is a select few who take it WAY, WAY OVERBOARD.

There are so many kids that are transferring now could you imagine what it would be like if you just allowed without any rules.

Do you or anyone have any stats on the number of transfers the last few years compared to years prior? Curious if it's really as big of a "problem" as some think.

Do you or anyone have any stats on the number of transfers the last few years compared to years prior? Curious if it's really as big of a "problem" as some think.

I'd bet good money, it's not nearly as big a problem as people want to believe.

And I would really curious what the stats are for transfers that don't play the three major sports. I know a lot more transfers that don't play sports than one's that do.