Former Cov. Holy Cross student suing KHSAA

MidwestUnited

Yes. If that's what they want to do to, I see no issue with it. Adults place way too much importance on high school sports IMO.

If they want to play for a school in another district, then the family should pay to have their kid go to school there.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your entitled to your opinion and I respect that. IMO you teach our generation to run when things get tough or you don't get your way.

If we continue to let this happen then most high school coaches will start recruiting, some do already is that what we want. I believe that's mostly why the rule although has a lot of grey area is in place.

I feel for the boy or girl who has been in the program the whole time to have someone transfer in and take their playing time away.

I've said this so many times, but nobody bats an eye when kids transfer from place to place unless they play sports. We as adults often times take sports way to seriously. And while I understand the life lessons sports can teach, I think we overestimate the impact that they have, and make them out to be bigger than they really are. We get bent out of shape when a kid wants to transfer for what he/she perceives to be a better situation, but have no issues when an adult hops jobs for what may be greener pastures. The kid gets labeled as selfish and disloyal, but the adult is doing what he has to do to make a better life. If sports are really so important, why not just let them play where they want. Most don't have the means or desire to transfer willy nilly anyway. And for those that do, so what?? Let them play and have fun.

Come on everyone knows that most who are transferring is because of sports don't kid yourself. If a player wants to transfer then move that would be playing by the rules that are set by the KHSAA. Adults leave jobs for greener pastures that is true and those pastures are money 90% of the time. The problem is no one tells the truth, if you want to transfer just say it ITS BECAUSE OF SPORTS not because of education or my kid was being bullied or some other goofy reason.

Looks like she is on a mission to make the KHSAA look bad in all of her facebook posts as if it's their fault. Don't tell me the Mackes didn't know the rules when they transferred to HC. Like them or not, the rules are there and should be abided by if you are going to play high school sports.

Come on everyone knows that most who are transferring is because of sports don't kid yourself. If a player wants to transfer then move that would be playing by the rules that are set by the KHSAA. Adults leave jobs for greener pastures that is true and those pastures are money 90% of the time. The problem is no one tells the truth, if you want to transfer just say it ITS BECAUSE OF SPORTS not because of education or my kid was being bullied or some other goofy reason.

There are transfers that happen all the time. We only hear about the sports related ones, because that’s all that some people care about. Personally, I don’t care why anyone transfers...people make there own decisions as to what’s important to them. It’s not up to me nor is it any of my business...what’s goofy to me may not be so goofy to someone else.

There are transfers that happen all the time. We only hear about the sports related ones, because that’s all that some people care about. Personally, I don’t care why anyone transfers...people make there own decisions as to what’s important to them. It’s not up to me nor is it any of my business...what’s goofy to me may not be so goofy to someone else.

Exactly. They should be allowed to go to whatever school they want and be able to play sports or participate in any other extracurricular activities they want, assuming they have their coursework in good order.

Exactly. They should be allowed to go to whatever school they want and be able to play sports or participate in any other extracurricular activities they want, assuming they have their coursework in good order.

Then we shouldn't have any rules at all, lets have one dominant team in each region.

College kids have to sit out if they transfer what's the difference?

Then we shouldn't have any rules at all, lets have one dominant team in each region.

College kids have to sit out if they transfer what's the difference?

For one thing, most college kids are being given free tuition to play their chosen sport. However, I wouldn't have an issue if they got rid of the transfer rule at that level either.

And who cares if the bolded happens? Again it goes back to adults taking high school sports way too seriously.

For one thing, most college kids are being given free tuition to play their chosen sport. However, I wouldn't have an issue if they got rid of the transfer rule at that level either.

And who cares if the bolded happens? Again it goes back to adults taking high school sports way too seriously.

College scholarships are one year deals.

Your right parents do take sports seriously because they invest a lot of time and money into it.

Pretty boring if the bolded happens.

I'll probably catch flack for this, but it's high school sports. It's pretty boring regardless.

Lol I'm guessing you didn't play sports in high school? Kids put a lot into high school sports. When you have a kid playing I would say you wouldn't call it boring.