Former Cov. Holy Cross student suing KHSAA

MidwestUnited

Let the kids play! The Mackes live in Ft Thomas and it should be a no brainer. They were not happy with the academics at HC and decided to put their kids back in Ft Thomas schools where they attended since Kindergarten.

If you truly transfer because of academics, then you shouldn't mind sitting out a year of athletics. That's the price to pay sometimes to get a better education.

KHSAA allowing kids to play JV and practice is a great move on their part. It benefits the kids and the programs.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the kids play! The Mackes live in Ft Thomas and it should be a no brainer. They were not happy with the academics at HC and decided to put their kids back in Ft Thomas schools where they attended since Kindergarten.

Has nothing to do with academics and they never moved so not clearing is the right thing to do. I wish they would do it more often and maybe a lot of this would go away and make it an even playing field.

These transfers are getting out of control and the state needs to step in and do something. I have to say I'm glad they finally said enough is enough in this case.

HOWEVER, only time will tell if they stick to their guns

Both Spencer Macke( Highlands) and Ty Houston( Cooper) families suing KHSAA after leaving Holy Cross last year! Both tried to transfer to schools listed and got denied!! What are your thoughts on this?

So it sounds like Houston's family is not suing, based on the posts from @SSC and @Lawnboy13.

Can you give us any info on what you have heard about the Macke suit, MU?

Has nothing to do with academics and they never moved so not clearing is the right thing to do. I wish they would do it more often and maybe a lot of this would go away and make it an even playing field.

Couldn't agree more!!

Isn't this the same person that broke the news scandal on a certain baseball team a few years back?? I guess time does heal all wounds. I am sure all stops will be pulled to try to get their way, but I hope that KHSAA digs in and stands their ground on this!! There is more than meets the eye test with this one.

Its def not for academic reasons. Otherwise, the Houston girl would have transferred too.

I just think it is unfortunate the kids are put through this by their parents.

The problem seems to be the khsaa is very inconsistent in their ruling, why get tuff now, let the the kids play and move on, a real head scratcher is a young man from Isiral moved to Covington and is at Holmes and they can't get him cleared, never bounced a ball the United States. I am sure the Macke's had their reason for going back to Highlands.