Who should be the 4 seed?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the 4 seed?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of one or two star players on the "blueblood" teams, the talent gap isn't as huge as you might think between the Money5 and the Poor5. Most of the time, the best players in CFB arise out of nowhere. For example, Lamar Jackson was only a 3* out of high school. The skill positions of most college teams aren't as widely spaced as you would think.

The big difference for Money5 teams is depth. Yet, coaching is more important than talent. So that is why I hate when people go on and on about some invisible talent gap. Plenty of examples of great coaches who turned losing programs into winners this year.

Whether you think UCF should be in the Top 4 or not, I think just about every CFB fan can agree that the playoffs should be expanded to 8 or more teams.

Also, just to add, after my last post in this thread about Alabama, it seems like they made it into the Top 4, which just proves my point even more. UCF win their division, their conference, and had more top 25 wins than Alabama did. You can't even make the SOS argument against UCF now, since Alabama literally played a cupcake schedule OOC. Freaking Mercer in November? Give me a break.

So a team who lost to a team by 31 who is basically like UK, should be considered one of the top 4 teams in the country? Lol when has a team like UK beat a top 4 team by 31? Shoot a team like UK the only time they beat a top 4 team in recent memory it took them a few overtimes to do that in LSU. Which LSU went on to win the title with 2 losses. However once again they simply just lost to UK. Osu losing to Iowa would have been like losing to UK by 31 lol. A top 4 team doesn't lose like that to an average team at best. If OSU just lost a tough hard fought road game, then yes they should be in.

Why are you talking about Kentucky?

Outside of one or two star players on the "blueblood" teams, the talent gap isn't as huge as you might think between the Money5 and the Poor5. Most of the time, the best players in CFB arise out of nowhere. For example, Lamar Jackson was only a 3* out of high school. The skill positions of most college teams aren't as widely spaced as you would think.

The big difference for Money5 teams is depth. Yet, coaching is more important than talent. So that is why I hate when people go on and on about some invisible talent gap. Plenty of examples of great coaches who turned losing programs into winners this year.

Whether you think UCF should be in the Top 4 or not, I think just about every CFB fan can agree that the playoffs should be expanded to 8 or more teams.

Also, just to add, after my last post in this thread about Alabama, it seems like they made it into the Top 4, which just proves my point even more. UCF win their division, their conference, and had more top 25 wins than Alabama did. You can't even make the SOS argument against UCF now, since Alabama literally played a cupcake schedule OOC. Freaking Mercer in November? Give me a break.

Haha. You don't follow college football recruiting much do you? If you think the talent gap is just 1 or 2 really good players you're delusional. While I agree with you about Bamas bull crap schedule, UCF goes 6-6 against that same schedule.

Haha. You don't follow college football recruiting much do you? If you think the talent gap is just 1 or 2 really good players you're delusional. While I agree with you about Bamas bull crap schedule, UCF goes 6-6 against that same schedule.

I do follow it, quite a bit. You might look at recruiting rankings and what not and think there is some huge gap but outside of the Top 50 players or so, it is so unreliable, especially when kids get huge bumps in ratings just for committing to a particular "big" school. If you think they would honestly go 6-6 you must not know much about football outside of the P5, which is fine because most people don't.

I don't think UCF would go undefeated with Alabama's schedule, but neither did Alabama. The only Top 25 team on Alabama's schedule was Auburn.

I do follow it, quite a bit. You might look at recruiting rankings and what not and think there is some huge gap but outside of the Top 50 players or so, it is so unreliable, especially when kids get huge bumps in ratings just for committing to a particular "big" school. If you think they would honestly go 6-6 you must not know much about football outside of the P5, which is fine because most people don't.

I don't think UCF would go undefeated with Alabama's schedule, but neither did Alabama. The only Top 25 team on Alabama's schedule was Auburn.

I'll stick to my 6-6 argument if UCF played any power 5 conference schedule except the Big 12. They don't play defense in the Big 12 they could probably win 8 games in that conference. If they played Auburn, Clemson, Ohio State, USC, etc schedule they may not even win 6 games. I don't like the G5. I don't think it's fair that they have no shot to win anything going into the season, but they I also don't think they can actually compete with the top 4 teams. Houston last year was the exception. They could have made it but they blew their chance. Let the G5 play their own championship.

I'll stick to my 6-6 argument if UCF played any power 5 conference schedule except the Big 12. They don't play defense in the Big 12 they could probably win 8 games in that conference. If they played Auburn, Clemson, Ohio State, USC, etc schedule they may not even win 6 games.

We probably shouldn't keep derailing this thread, so I'll stop after this post. I'd love you to show me which games on those teams schedules you would have UCF losing where they would have anything close to a losing season. I think it will show a lot about how large your P5 bias is.

Alabama final strength of schedule was number 10, UCF was 66.

We probably shouldn't keep derailing this thread, so I'll stop after this post. I'd love you to show me which games on those teams schedules you would have UCF losing where they would have anything close to a losing season. I think it will show a lot about how large your P5 bias is.

I'll go with OSUs schedule:

@Indiana is a 50/50 game

Oklahoma is a loss

Army is probably a win

UNLV is a win

Maryland is a win

Rutgers is a win

@ Nebraska is a 50/50 game

Penn State is a loss

@Iowa is a loss

Michigan State is a loss

Illinois is a win

Michigan is a loss

I see 5 for sure wins, 5 for sure losses, and 2 50/50 games.

What's so funny? I'd be willing to bet quite a bit that UCF won't keep it within at least 2 TDs of Auburn. Auburn beat two teams in the playoff so it will be a good gauge.

Your disdain for anything that's not P5 is what's funny. Or, perhaps, it's just sad.

I have no crystal ball. I don't know who will win, I hope it's a good game and not a 31 point blowout. But if UCF wins, someone's going to have some 'splainin' to do!

I'll go with OSUs schedule:

@Indiana is a 50/50 game

Oklahoma is a loss

Army is probably a win

UNLV is a win

Maryland is a win

Rutgers is a win

@ Nebraska is a 50/50 game

Penn State is a loss

@Iowa is a loss

Michigan State is a loss

Illinois is a win

Michigan is a loss

I see 5 for sure wins, 5 for sure losses, and 2 50/50 games.

Heck, we don't need any playoffs. We can just let you hand out the trophy at the end of the year since you know what will happen every game. :rolleyes:

I'm betting you just "knew" OSU was going to beat down Iowa this year. Oh wait...

Heck, we don't need any playoffs. We can just let you hand out the trophy at the end of the year since you know what will happen every game. :rolleyes:

I'm betting you just "knew" OSU was going to beat down Iowa this year. Oh wait...

Yep and I knew Syracuse was going to beat Clemson this year and Iowa State was going to beat Oklahoma. I don't see where you're going with this.

Your disdain for anything that's not P5 is what's funny. Or, perhaps, it's just sad.

I have no crystal ball. I don't know who will win, I hope it's a good game and not a 31 point blowout. But if UCF wins, someone's going to have some 'splainin' to do!

I don't have disdain for them. I feel bad for them. They should have their own championship to play for.