Who should be the 4 seed?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the 4 seed?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 team playoff. That's what it should be. No separation. Scary for P5 purists, I know, but it's what it should be.

Ridiculous. I think it's silly to have a meaningless game like Clemson/ UCF. They would end up instituting a running clock based on how bad the non P5 team would get their clocks cleaned. It's not fair to the non P5 team to get their hopes up and it's not fair to the P5 team who has to risk another game of injuries before they have to play a real opponent.

Ridiculous. I think it's silly to have a meaningless game like Clemson/ UCF. They would end up instituting a running clock based on how bad the non P5 team would get their clocks cleaned. It's not fair to the non P5 team to get their hopes up and it's not fair to the P5 team who has to risk another game of injuries before they have to play a real opponent.

I'm just thankful for UCF that they don't have to play Iowa. That juggernaut can beat anyone! With the exception of bigger juggernauts like Purdue and Northwestern. :lol:

I'm just thankful for UCF that they don't have to play Iowa. That juggernaut can beat anyone! With the exception of bigger juggernauts like Purdue and Northwestern. :lol:
Yep. That Iowa team sure is dangerous. Good thing the middle of the road teams in the AAC aren't as good as Iowa because UCF would be playing in the HoneyBaked Ham bowl instead of the Peach Bowl.

But damnit if Auburn comes out flat and UCF keeps it close or even wins I'm going to be eating a lot of crow. I could see Auburn not taking this game serious. Just come and take care of business so we can shut this G5 talk up.

Happened to Alabama several years ago when Utah spanked them.

But damnit if Auburn comes out flat and UCF keeps it close or even wins I'm going to be eating a lot of crow. I could see Auburn not taking this game serious. Just come and take care of business so we can shut this G5 talk up.

Very real possibility that Auburn is flat and UCF is on point.

I do follow it, quite a bit. You might look at recruiting rankings and what not and think there is some huge gap but outside of the Top 50 players or so, it is so unreliable, especially when kids get huge bumps in ratings just for committing to a particular "big" school. If you think they would honestly go 6-6 you must not know much about football outside of the P5, which is fine because most people don't.

I don't think UCF would go undefeated with Alabama's schedule, but neither did Alabama. The only Top 25 team on Alabama's schedule was Auburn.

Florida State would have smoked you (UCF). You would have lost to LSU, MSU, AUB, and maybe Ole Miss or Arky. Because by the time UCF got to the end of the season in a power 5 league playing against power 5 athletes injuries would have depleted your depth to the point that you would be playing with 3rd or 4th stringers who couldn't play at the local high school. Which is precisely the reason that UCF or any other group of 5 team should be mentioned with the big boys. You don't go through the week to week attrition associated with playing top level competition risking injury. If you think UCF is in the same stratosphere with Bama you are delusional.

It will all depend on how many guys are going to the league. Those guys are just playing to not get injured at that point. That infamous loss that Bama had Utah was a perfect storm set up. Andre Smith was our all world left tackle and got suspended due to agent contact. We had 3 or 4 that was foregoing their senior season for the draft so they were playing to win. Plus Utah was red hot on offense....So to answer your question....UCF could very well whip Auburn's butt.

I do follow it, quite a bit. You might look at recruiting rankings and what not and think there is some huge gap but outside of the Top 50 players or so, it is so unreliable, especially when kids get huge bumps in ratings just for committing to a particular "big" school. If you think they would honestly go 6-6 you must not know much about football outside of the P5, which is fine because most people don't.

I don't think UCF would go undefeated with Alabama's schedule, but neither did Alabama. The only Top 25 team on Alabama's schedule was Auburn.

Miss St and LSU are both top 25 teams.