Who should be the 4 seed?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the 4 seed?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing you keep saying @GrantNKY is that UCF should be scheduling at least one good P5 team per year. I agree. However, you're turning a blind eye to the complete lack of equality in college football as far as the chances of competing for a championship go. Look no further than the NFL for a good way of scheduling.

In CFB, the "big teams" can sit at home 7 or 8 games per year versus cupcakes. The UCFs of the world would LOVE to play those teams, and sometimes you are correct in that they can get those games scheduled. But guess what? Those games are 99% of the time ON THE ROAD. So not only do UCFs have to win out, but they are expected to go on the road OOC to top teams if they want any shot at the playoffs. Imagine any of the top 4 teams playing on the road at UCF this year. They would have a good chance of losing.

I'll consider it fair when OSU and Alabama are playing road games OOC, too. Until then, it is all a sham where any legit G5 team is either told they scheduled too weak or they schedule tough but lose a road game against a very good P5 team. Both scenarios = no chance of making it. The thing is, P5 teams aren't held to those same standards, so applying it to a so-called "G5" team is complete garbage.

Yeah, you are correct that we do not know if UCF would beat any of the top 4 teams. Great. Now apply that same logic to Alabama who hasn't beaten anyone currently ranked in the top 25 and who had a cupcake OOC schedule. We don't know if they would beat anyone in the top 25, so therefore they should be automatically excluded from consideration?

The closer we get, the more certain I am Bama gets in. The committee doesn’t have the guts to leave them out.

I think it takes more guts to put 2 teams from the same conference in than it does to leave Bama out. I think OSU is the easier choice for the committee, but I think Bama will get in.

Penn State was clearly better than who? Surely you aren't saying they were clearly better than OSU. Because that game was decided on a blocked FG in Happy Valley if that's your determination for "clearly better" then all hope is lost for you.

They won head to head. Doesn’t matter. Bama is in

You are still acting like the committee debated OSU/ PSU last year. They didn't. They debated PSU/ Washington.

I truly believe if they would have put Penn State in last year instead of Osu. That osu would have made it this year. They set that precedent last year conference title doesn't mean as much. That shows that even more that they had osu at 3 as a non conference champ ahead of two conference champs in Penn State and Washington.

They have now set a precedent that the conference title is not that trump card as you and others have thought. At the end of the day they do seem to put in who they simply think is better conference title or not.

Laugh all you want, but I think UCF has a better offense than Iowa. Can't prove me wrong any more than I can prove I'm right.

Oh yes because that Iowa game is who Ohio State is. Syracuse tore up Clemsons defense and then didn't win another game. It's an inexplicable loss, but don't sit there and throw some crap out that since Iowa played well against OSU that it's somehow an indictment of OSUs defense over the course of the season. They were the only team to finish in the top 10 of total offense and defense despite the Iowa game.

Oh yes because that Iowa game is who Ohio State is. Syracuse tore up Clemsons defense and then didn't win another game. It's an inexplicable loss, but don't sit there and throw some crap out that since Iowa played well against OSU that it's somehow an indictment of OSUs defense over the course of the season. They were the only team to finish in the top 10 of total offense and defense despite the Iowa game.

Didn't play well? They got destroyed by a mediocre team at best that lost to Purdue.

I'm not really all that impressed with them. I certainly don't think they're deserving of the top 4.

Well you've made that very clear. If you're not impressed with them cool, I'm not impressed with them either in all honesty. But in THIS year in college football they are as good as anyone. Nobody is really all that good. Most of these teams are fringe top 10 teams in most years IMO.

Well you've made that very clear. If you're not impressed with them cool, I'm not impressed with them either in all honesty. But in THIS year in college football they are as good as anyone. Nobody is really all that good. Most of these teams are fringe top 10 teams in most years IMO.

Another reason why you never say never. UCF might just have beaten a few of them, like it or not.