Newport 62 Brossart 59

@Mustang @TAC was there contact, you were in a better position on the final play?????

There was contact for sure but the shooter leaned into the defense. Hard call to make and Henry Drees, who was in position, is not the official that would make the call. He swallowed the whistle as he did most of the evening. Tough game to officiate but the refs did a good job. Lots of contact throughout the game, but very evenly called.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely the same game as you @camelman I’m allowed to have my own opinion right? Or are you the big dog on this website? Thanks I’m exceptionally excited that I’m finally getting my posts up. :)

Your post came off as disrespectful to the Mustangs.

We certainly respect the Cats and Burries. Burries is committed to Christian Brothres University. College signees are expected to put up big numbers, and Burries certainly lived up to his billing in the third quarter.

You do realize that our second leading scorer and our sixth man from a year ago were on the bench nursing fall sports injuries?

So maybe the visiting team might think that you are right, IF the two teams met again later, perhaps there WOULD BE a different result.

We certainly respect the Cats and Burries. Burries is committed to Christian Brothers University. College signees are expected to put up big numbers, and Burries certainly lived up to his billing in the third quarter.

You do realize that our second leading scorer and our sixth man from a year ago ywere on the bench nursing fall sports injuries?

So maybe the visiting team might think that you are right, IF the two teams met again later, perhaps there WOULD BE a different result.

...and the pipeline continues.

Edited by LCDAWGS19

We certainly respect the Cats and Burries. Burries is committed to Christian Brothres University. College signees are expected to put up big numbers, and Burries certainly lived up to his billing in the third quarter.

You do realize that our second leading scorer and our sixth man from a year ago were on the bench nursing fall sports injuries?

Came off as "disrespectful" to the almighty Mustangs?

It's certainly not how you might describe things considering your connection to the school and your green blood, but I hardly could consider his take as "disrespect", but the response to it could be considered a bit overly sensitive.

So that's how he saw it... how is that coming off as "disrespectful"?

For the record I did not attend the game, but @Mkg192224 (welcome BTW) is gonna surely get the impression that he just walked into a real tough crowd.

Jeez :eek:

I wasn’t disrespecting the mustangs by any means. They played a tough game a really tough game all I’m saying is that the wildcats could have played better than they did. Your second leading scorer from last year played against this same Newport team last year and it was the same result. This is the same Newport team from a year ago same exact starting 5 except kids have gotten bigger and stronger. I enjoy watching brossart they run their stuff and they are well coached there was no disrespect intended.

I wouldn't necessarily argue Newport is more talented.. But would probably argue quality of coaching probably played more into it than first game jitters. And your also correct if they met again down road the result would be different. Especially with a healthy Donnelly in fold for Brossart.. Newport is fun team to watch.. Good luck on a successful season.

My question to you is, is Newport more talented than the Brossart?

So I understand your point, you're saying Snapp is that much better than Code? Or the inverse?

Not necessarily anything about Code - but if I have a team that much bigger and faster in Newport, I'm probably running a few more sets working for higher percentage shots instead of settling.. JMO.. Just Saying... But like I said - that's JMO...

My question to you is, is Newport more talented than the Brossart?

Describe talent. Is it the ability to dunk and shoot the ball or is it executing offensive sets and playing as a unit? No doubt in my mind that most of Newport's players were faster and could jump higher than the kids from Brossart, but if executing as a unit, making on the court decisions to take high % shots play into the definition of talented basketball players it is a little harder to determine who was more talented.

Not necessarily anything about Code - but if I have a team that much bigger and faster in Newport, I'm probably running a few more sets working for higher percentage shots instead of settling.. JMO.. Just Saying... But like I said - that's JMO...

Got it, thanks, that does explain what you meant. I didn't fully understand your original post, but I think that is more on me.

Thanks!

Describe talent. Is it the ability to dunk and shoot the ball or is it executing offensive sets and playing as a unit? No doubt in my mind that most of Newport's players were faster and could jump higher than the kids from Brossart, but if executing as a unit, making on the court decisions to take high % shots play into the definition of talented basketball players it is a little harder to determine who was more talented.

It does take talent to dunk and shoot. Mediocre teams can run sets and do those kinds of things. Sounds like Brossart had quite a few turnovers which means Newport had quick, fast and length. To the point if both teams played each other in the middle of the year the result would be the same or maybe worse because both teams will get better and the talented players getting better will out way the lesser talent getting better. You can't teach quickness, speed and length. IMO