Mike Riley out at Nebraska

All State Baseball

Scott Frost. UF is going to strike out on their top 2 candidates.

Funny thing is, Lars Anderson of Bleacher Report was reporting last night/this morning that Frost to Nebraska was a done deal, however, Kirk Herbstreit is saying that he would be really shocked if Scott Frost isn't the next head coach at Florida.

Funny thing is, Lars Anderson of Bleacher Report was reporting last night/this morning that Frost to Nebraska was a done deal, however, Kirk Herbstreit is saying that he would be really shocked if Scott Frost isn't the next head coach at Florida.

Who knows? But if I had to guess I think the allure of the alma mater will be too much to pass up.

Being born in the 80s and growing up in the 90s I still a place in my football heart for Nebraska even though they’re a shadow of themselves. When Tom Osborne was there they were always top 10 and run the option at Will. Granted he may not be as moral and ethical as he was made it to be. Bring in Frank Solich and same deal with Eric Crouch. Then Nebraska decided Solich isn’t good enough and now it’s been a revolving door. The Curse of Frank Solich is strong. A always thought Riley was dumb to leave OSU for Nebraska

Herbstreit is shocked.

As the lone Nebraska poster on this site, let me say a couple of things: a) I hate to see a man lose his gig, but it was clear the Mike Riley hire was more about being the anti-Bo than being the right fit in Lincoln; b) I'll be thrilled if they end up inking Scott Frost to a deal -- it is a PERFECT marriage.

Good read below, and I LOVE Scott Frost's honesty about the situation.

UCF football coach Scott Frost declined to offer any declarative statements Monday about his future as evidence gathers that he is set to accept the open position at Nebraska, his alma mater.

"I'd be hurt if Nebraska wasn't interested in me," Frost said during a news conference to preview UCF's upcoming appearance in the AAC title game. "We're undefeated. I'm from there. When you win a lot, people are interested in you."

Scott Frost would 'be hurt' if Nebraska Cornhuskers aren't interested, wants to focus on UCF Knights