CFP Rankings Discussion 11/21

GrantNKY

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an interesting scenario:

- Auburn or Georgia win SEC Championship.

- Clemson wins ACC Champ.

- Oklahoma wins Big 12

- Who gets in 1 loss Miami or 1 loss Alabama?

- Does the outcome of the final 2 games make a difference. What if Auburn or Georgia beat Bama by 10 points and it's a field goal game between Clemson and Miami?

Here's an interesting scenario:

- Auburn or Georgia win SEC Championship.

- Clemson wins ACC Champ.

- Oklahoma wins Big 12

- Who gets in 1 loss Miami or 1 loss Alabama?

- Does the outcome of the final 2 games make a difference. What if Auburn or Georgia beat Bama by 10 points and it's a field goal game between Clemson and Miami?

Undefeated and B1G champ Wisky gets in over either 1 loss TheU or Bama. 2 loss tOSU wins B1G champ and there's lots of screamin' and yellin' going on between them and Bama. I think 1 loss & non-champ TheU is at the bottom of any of those lists.

The committee is sneaky. They got trashed last week for having Clemson ahead of Miami. They corrected that mistake. They then snuck South Carolina into the top 25 to boost Clemsons resume after they knock them off. :lol2:

That is not a guarantee win for Clemson.

Win and you're in...Bama, Miami or Clemson, Wisconsin and Oklahoma...that's the easiest scenario.

If Auburn wins out even with two losses they deserve to get in. (1 loss was a tight game with Clemson and they would have beaten Alabama and UGA (twice) in the last month.

If UGA wins SEC title (over Auburn or Alabama), I'm not sure I'd put them in after getting curb stomped. That loss is hard for me to look past. I'd consider Miami if they lost a close game to Clemson.

Question would be, would Alabama loss to Auburn eliminate them or could they still get in? If they lose to UGA in SEC title game does that eliminate them?

If Ohio State wins out and wins B1G I'm not sure they would deserve to get in over any of the others. Having 2 losses and one of them being a game where they were absolutely destroyed...it hard to put them in like it is hard for me to consider UGA at this point.

But this is all speculation, if none of the top 5 lose (Clemson / Miami will have a loser) it will all settle pretty predictably.

Edited by Jumper_Dad

Win and your in...Bama, Miami or Clemson, Wisconsin and Oklahoma...that's the easiest scenario.

If Auburn wins out even with two losses they deserve to get in. (1 loss was a tight game with Clemson and they would have beaten Alabama and UGA (twice) in the last month.

If UGA wins SEC title (over Auburn or Alabama), I'm not sure I'd put them in after getting curb stomped. That loss is hard for me to look past. I'd consider Miami if they lost a close game to Clemson.

Question would be, would Alabama loss to Auburn eliminate them or could they still get in? If they lose to UGA in SEC title game does that eliminate them?

If Ohio State wins out and wins B1G I'm not sure they would deserve to get in over any of the others. Having 2 losses and one of them being a game where they were absolutely destroyed...it hard to put them in like it is hard for me to consider UGA at this point.

But this is all speculation, if none of the top 5 lose (Clemson / Miami will have a loser) it will all settle pretty predictably.

Unless Miami loses this weekend, if Alabama and Miami lose their conference championships OSU is done. No doubt about it. I really don't think there is even a debate in the committee room between 1 loss Alabama and OSU. There would be some debate between 1 loss Miami and OSU simply because Miami hasn't gone on the road and beaten a good team, but I think Miami still gets in over OSU.

Well they lost at Syracuse already so there are definitely no guarantees. South Carolina is a tough place to play and they are a good team this season.

South Carolina is a good SEC East team. They aren't ready to compete with the big boys. Clemson should win by 20+.

Unless Miami loses this weekend, if Alabama and Miami lose their conference championships OSU is done. No doubt about it. I really don't think there is even a debate in the committee room between 1 loss Alabama and OSU. There would be some debate between 1 loss Miami and OSU simply because Miami hasn't gone on the road and beaten a good team, but I think Miami still gets in over OSU.

What is your dream scenario that would give OSU a chance?