Should Rick Pitino go to prison?

theguru

If it is only the NCAA then why is the FBI involved?

For this...

If he took a bribe, or if he took money from an agent and didn't report it, then sure, he absolutely should. I doubt he did either of those two things. This isn't about schools paying for players, it is about shoe companies paying kids' families to funnel them to a school, or it is about Agents paying assistants (who need the money) to influence their current players to sign with said agent when they declare for the draft.

I highly doubt Rick did anything illegal himself, so unless they want to build a conspiracy case against him, I can't imagine he'll join those facing federal charges.

No one in the UL program was arrested, so it seems like they are just a casualty of war at this point.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If he took a bribe, or if he took money from an agent and didn't report it, then sure, he absolutely should. I doubt he did either of those two things. This isn't about schools paying for players, it is about shoe companies paying kids' families to funnel them to a school, or it is about Agents paying assistants (who need the money) to influence their current players to sign with said agent when they declare for the draft.

I highly doubt Rick did anything illegal himself, so unless they want to build a conspiracy case against him, I can't imagine he'll join those facing federal charges.

It sounds like we have blurred the lines with so many layers, so much money, so many influential people that most of them won't face any consequences.

This is for everyone again, if not Pitino, who?

It depends on the facts.

Did any Cardinal basketball players or recruits ever receive illegal cash payments that influenced their decision to attend Louisville?

You keep saying illegal, but that's in the eyes of the NCAA. Paying a player to come to UL is not crime in the way it's presented.

The paying party has to report it, or put another way, both parties would be guilty of a crime.

I don't think the FBI is busting down the door to get someone to pay the gift tax. At worst you probably can settle something with the IRS and call it good. Again no chance that's getting traced back to RP.

The paying party has to report it, or put another way, both parties would be guilty of a crime.

If I gave you $5,000 to eat at Subway every night for 30 days straight, and you didn't report that cash and pay taxes on it, what crime would I be in violation of? Or, if I give you $10,000 to influence you to send your son to WKU, what federal crime did I commit?