Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Rick Pitino go to prison?

Featured Replies

If not Pitino who?

  • Replies 92
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

 

Things must be slow.

  • Author
Under what charges?

 

He is the guy in charge and I don't believe for a second that he didn't know what was going on.

He is the guy in charge and I don't believe for a second that he didn't know what was going on.

 

I'm not trying to be obtuse, but what charges would that be? Wouldn't the AD be the one going to jail?

  • Author
I'm not trying to be obtuse, but what charges would that be? Wouldn't the AD be the one going to jail?

 

I am just a lay person asking.

 

If any big time college basketball team is making illegal payments to recruits who ultimately would decide which recruits get how much money?

I am just a lay person asking.

 

If any big time college basketball team is making illegal payments to recruits who ultimately would decide which recruits get how much money?

 

It's only illegal to the NCAA. So I would say no.

I am just a lay person asking.

 

If any big time college basketball team is making illegal payments to recruits who ultimately would decide which recruits get how much money?

You have a pretty long history in law enforcement. You start a thread asking if someone should go to jail. Then you can't actually say what charges they should go to jail for? C'mon now...

If he didn't go to jail for supplying hookers to young men, why would he go to jail now? :popcorn:

If he took a bribe, or if he took money from an agent and didn't report it, then sure, he absolutely should. I doubt he did either of those two things. This isn't about schools paying for players, it is about shoe companies paying kids' families to funnel them to a school, or it is about Agents paying assistants (who need the money) to influence their current players to sign with said agent when they declare for the draft.

 

I highly doubt Rick did anything illegal himself, so unless they want to build a conspiracy case against him, I can't imagine he'll join those facing federal charges.

  • Author
It's only illegal to the NCAA. So I would say no.

 

If it is only the NCAA then why is the FBI involved?

If his involvement can be proven, yes. Based on what I've seen now, no.

Has he been convicted of any crimes? Has he even been accused of any crimes? If not, then I would think no.

I am just a lay person asking.

 

If any big time college basketball team is making illegal payments to recruits who ultimately would decide which recruits get how much money?

 

None of the documents released yesterday had Pitino or any UofL assistant taking money from anyone or distributing it to anyone else.

 

At this time, I wouldn't be comfortable charging anyone at UofL with anything.

If it is only the NCAA then why is the FBI involved?

 

The way I understood it is that only the 4 coaches who were arrested had done anything illegal. What transpired at UL wasn't illegal, just an NCAA violation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.