Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Rick Pitino go to prison?

Featured Replies

Don't involve me in this, mister.

The real mastermind behind it all. WWW and RP.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I did was ask a question.

 

You obviously say no to Pitino, fine, if not Pitino, who?

 

The ten people they charged with a crime yesterday

  • Author
Anyone who took a bribe, and there are at least 2 of them.

Anyone who received monies, regardless of why and from whom, and didn't report the income, and we KNOW there are going to be oodles of them.

 

That is a good group to start with.

 

It sounds to me like you are describing a criminal conspiracy.

 

Someone has to direct/lead/be in charge of that criminal conspiracy.

 

Until someone proves otherwise the person in charge has to be the head basketball coach of any given school because that is the one and only person who decides which players receive scholarships (and in this case) which players receive money.

It sounds to me like you are describing a criminal conspiracy.

 

Someone has to direct/lead/be in charge of that criminal conspiracy.

 

Until someone proves otherwise the person in charge has to be the head basketball coach of any given school because that is the one and only person who decides which players receive scholarships (and in this case) which players receive money.

So you're saying Rick Pitino knew the players were receiving money?

It sounds to me like you are describing a criminal conspiracy.

 

Someone has to direct/lead/be in charge of that criminal conspiracy.

 

Until someone proves otherwise the person in charge has to be the head basketball coach of any given school because that is the one and only person who decides which players receive scholarships (and in this case) which players receive money.

 

The school offering a kid a scholarship isn't an issue. Now, if you have a tapped phone conversation between Pitino and "Alex Anyone" at XYZ Shoe Company saying "give that guy's parents $50,000 so he commits to UL", than you have an issue. Beside that, the schools, to date, haven't been proven in any way to have been involved in this. This is about the influence of 3rd parties, the monies moved around, and the lack of anyone paying taxes on them. No more, no less. The FBI isn't trying to clean up college basketball.

  • Author
If I gave you $5,000 to eat at Subway every night for 30 days straight, and you didn't report that cash and pay taxes on it, what crime would I be in violation of? Or, if I give you $10,000 to influence you to send your son to WKU, what federal crime did I commit?

 

Are you a Corporation?

Are you a Corporation?

No, I'm me. However, if Mike Allen, an incorporated Agent, gives you $10,000 to tell your neighbor that Mike is a good guy and he should hire him, is that a crime?

  • Author
No, I'm me. However, if Mike Allen, an incorporated Agent, gives you $10,000 to tell your neighbor that Mike is a good guy and he should hire him, is that a crime?

 

We are talking more than 10,000, right? That means it has to be reported to Uncle Sam.

  • Author
The school offering a kid a scholarship isn't an issue. Now, if you have a tapped phone conversation between Pitino and "Alex Anyone" at XYZ Shoe Company saying "give that guy's parents $50,000 so he commits to UL", than you have an issue. Beside that, the schools, to date, haven't been proven in any way to have been involved in this. This is about the influence of 3rd parties, the monies moved around, and the lack of anyone paying taxes on them. No more, no less. The FBI isn't trying to clean up college basketball.

 

I think you are missing the Elephant in the room.

 

How does whoever is paying the money out decide who to pay it to?

I think you are missing the Elephant in the room.

 

How does whoever is paying the money out decide who to pay it to?

 

I promise you on this issue, I'm not missing anything. How do you propose to prove that without phone conversations? He said, he said? "Alex Anyone" says "Rick Pitino told me to pay Billy Baller $100,000 to go commit to UL," Rick Pitino says, "I told them nothing, they probably paid Billy Baller so he'd sign with XYZ Shoe Company when he is out of UL". How are you going to prove that?

  • Author
So you're saying Rick Pitino knew the players were receiving money?

 

The only way I see around Rick Pitino not knowing it is if someone else was making the decision on which players Louisville signed to scholarships.

We are talking more than 10,000, right? That means it has to be reported to Uncle Sam.

So what do you charge Mike Allen with, failure to provide a 1099?

  • Author
I promise you on this issue, I'm not missing anything. How do you propose to prove that without phone conversations? He said, he said? "Alex Anyone" says "Rick Pitino told me to pay Billy Baller $100,000 to go commit to UL," Rick Pitino says, "I told them nothing, they probably paid Billy Baller so he'd sign with XYZ Shoe Company when he is out of UL". How are you going to prove that?

 

You're acting like a Defense Attorney.

 

Please answer this question for me, how does whoever is paying the money out decide who to pay it to?

The only way I see around Rick Pitino not knowing it is if someone else was making the decision on which players Louisville signed to scholarships.

Not every kid getting a UL basketball scholarship was funneled there by a shoe company.

  • Author
So what do you charge Mike Allen with, failure to provide a 1099?

 

I think it would be more like Federal Tax Evasion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.