Should Rick Pitino go to prison?

theguru

The FBI is involved because of the Wire Transfer Fraud part. Wire transfers are highly regulated.

Person, who has been on Bruce Pearl's staff at Auburn since 2014, is facing six charges, including bribery conspiracy, solicitation of bribes and gratuities, conspiracy to commit honest services fraud, wire fraud, conspiracy to commit wire fraud and travel act conspiracy, according to court documents. If found guilty, Person could face a maximum of 80 years in prison.

Exactly a lot of people who don't work in Finance don't realize how heavy regulated wire transfers and easily traceable they are. Even more so since 9/11.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coach 2 is undoubtedly Rick Pitino, Right?

DKqbBlUX0AAvUeu.jpg:large

So if nothing else it looks like Gatto "The money man" was in touch with Pitino's phone three times leading up to Bowen being promised money and committing. Maybe they were talking about the weather or the fall meet at Keeneland...but this is the time frame where Pitino was told about the kid and the kid's family was offered the money.

Nope.......Coach 2 is more likely an assistant coach at UL

How can you ask if someone should go to prison while at the same time saying to forget about proof? Don't they go hand in hand? With a presumption of innocence, how can someone answer "Yes" to your original question without proof?

It's just too early on in the process with the information available.

That was my failed attempt to get MTGL to stop with the couldn't see the forest for the trees defense.

If Pitino is coach 2, phone calls from the Adidas rep are not going to prove anything unless they have something on tape or the Adidas rep tells all. Did Bowen play for an Adidas supported AAU team? If yes, then why would it be surprising if the Adidas rep called Pitino and said Bowen is coming to UL?

It is now confirmed he was Coach 2. Pitino just better hope he wasn't one of the wire tapped phone calls.

The FBI already knows who Coach 1 and Coach 2 are, based off of the information they have released thus far, they have no evidence (as of yet) to charge either coach on. This is why they are not releasing the names of either coaches or even the University, I'm not saying they won't have anything when it's all said and done to charge Rick on, but as of now they don't have proof that he committed a crime.

Rick will be fine, he's likely an informant for the FBI in all this. After reading the quote from Pitino about the surprise player that they never spent any money recruiting, but just fell out of the sky after a phone call, that pretty much sealed the deal for me. Pitino's phone was tapped and the conversation was recorded, he is coach #2 and was likely approached early on by the FBI and spilled the beans on everything he knew to avoid prosecution. :sssh:

Now we're getting into some fun theories. I love this one.

Now we're getting into some fun theories. I love this one.

I was somewhat joking, somewhat serious. However if he in fact turns out to be coach number two and is not indicted, then my theory may have some legs. Early rumors were that there are 10 sealed indictments, his could be one of those and if he's cooperating he may never face any charges.

If Pitino is coach 2, phone calls from the Adidas rep are not going to prove anything unless they have something on tape or the Adidas rep tells all. Did Bowen play for an Adidas supported AAU team? If yes, then why would it be surprising if the Adidas rep called Pitino and said Bowen is coming to UL?

Bowen played for a Nike AAU program. Same one that produced Anthony Davis FWIW...