Kneeling during anthem: will HS join this Friday?

MWats23

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- finally, remembering that the flag and Anthem don't represent police brutality or injustice or racism or any of the things that we still have to resolve. The flag and Anthem are rallying points behind / under which we celebrate what we have done right, the things that unify us, and make us hopeful for continued positive changes in the future that will make America an even better place. The Anthem should be the rallying cry of every protestor who is truly sincere about making America a better place - not something you would show disrespect to.

God Bless you.

This has happened at games at Welcome Stadium in Dayton, where the Dayton Public Schools play and it has happened in Cincinnati at Willard R. Stargel Stadium, where the Cincinnati Public Schools play.

The fans have done this not the players.

There was a player from Taft, that did not stand, but again he was setting in the stands watching the game.

*I know he played for Taft because, a bunch of their players were setting near me and we were talking football.

That's a spineless cop out.

No, it is a respect for the coaches and players. Let me be clear, I don't think that kneeling during the anthem is a good form of protest. First, the form of the protest is not related to the issue at hand. Second, it causes harm to the issue they are trying to illuminate. It causes needless distress to people like me that are otherwise disposed to support them. That said, there is no right that we guard more jealously than the right to be wrong. I truly believe that this particular form of protest is a mistake. I also believe in their right to use it as they see fit.

No, it is a respect for the coaches and players. Let me be clear, I don't think that kneeling during the anthem is a good form of protest. First, the form of the protest is not related to the issue at hand. Second, it causes harm to the issue they are trying to illuminate. It causes needless distress to people like me that are otherwise disposed to support them. That said, there is no right that we guard more jealously than the right to be wrong. I truly believe that this particular form of protest is a mistake. I also believe in their right to use it as they see fit.

Freedom of speech is not free from repercussions. That right did not come freely. Sitting down like a child throwing a tantrum, disrespecting the flag and a nation that stands for more sacrifice and conviction that these misinformed youth will ever know does not make their right, right. I'm on the side of equality wholeheartedly. This misguided lack of respect ticks me off beyond comprehension. It's not respect for coaches and players, It's cowardice. I can guarantee my kids will not ever participate in this nonsense. They appreciate the fact that we are imperfect but strive to be better to ourselves and others. There are injustices, sadly so, there are also malicious false narratives pushed to justify criminal behavior and lack of responsibility. JMO