Kneeling during anthem: will HS join this Friday?

MWats23

It will be interesting to see if HS football players join in the act of kneeling for the national anthem.

While I think it was considered dis respectful in the past I do think that it now has transformed into a different gesture as of today.

Today's athlete may indeed view this act as not being disrespectful to our country and the military that serves it but rather as a form of protest against current head of our country and his leadership. For some that choose to kneel it also is about race equality.

History has shown us that traditions can change and take on different meanings. Will this potential change be about different silent protests from different points of views?

Will be interesting to see how schools, administrators, coaches, and everyone involved in sport/life react if this spreads down to the college and then HS levels.

If it does spread down to all levels of sport then it could be the most powerful movement displayed in my lifetime and would have to be the final say on POTUS Trumps term.

Personally I am not sure how I feel about the actual act as I see strength and meaning in both actions to kneel or salute the flag traditionally.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many HS teams are on the field for the Anthem? Haven't been to a college game in a while, are players on the field during the anthem?

NFL teams never used to be on the field for the Anthem until recently.

Most of the time HS teams I've seen usually aren't on the Field during the anthem.

Personally I think the NFL should follow suite and do away with this distraction.

What's next...urinating on graves? Let that sink in a minute!

Because many feel that way regarding the disrespect shown for those who have protected the liberties of our nation. Here's a novel idea. Have a conversation....do the work!

Taking a knee is bush league. You don't acquire that all of a sudden because our President lacks the ability to do what follows. A true man has conversations with others that build unity ( cue those that will take this out of context :bunny: ). The sound byte, 30 second news has given way to folks who don't want to have conversations and grow. That demands, time, effort, compromise, and diplomacy.

Pushing selfish agendas that net immediate results without effort is a dangerous trend. Folks need to engage and get back in the ring of diplomacy. Been doing this for over 40 years face to face.

You can think ESPN for that. They need to stick to sports and leave politics out of it. I try not to watch it anymore. I'll be very upset if my high school team participates in kneeling and will make it known to staff and administration. Saying that I highlay doubt they would allow it.....

FoxSports has an incredible opportunity to leapfrog ESPN.

Bill themselves as the "No Politics" network (and of course, FOLLOW THROUGH), and I believe their viewership would skyrocket.

I have grown so tired of the whole thing. I personally would like all the athletes at all ages stand and acknowledge the sacrifices our veterans and forefathers made but there is the 1st amendment and they have every right to their opinion just like anyone else. I wish the president wouldn't have said a word but he has his rights as well.

FoxSports has an incredible opportunity to leapfrog ESPN.

Bill themselves as the "No Politics" network (and of course, FOLLOW THROUGH), and I believe their viewership would skyrocket.

I totally agree and wouldn't be surprised to see them do this eventually.

What's next...urinating on graves? Let that sink in a minute!

Because many feel that way regarding the disrespect shown for those who have protected the liberties of our nation. Here's a novel idea. Have a conversation....do the work!

Taking a knee is bush league. You don't acquire that all of a sudden because our President lacks the ability to do what follows. A true man has conversations with others that build unity ( cue those that will take this out of context :bunny: ). The sound byte, 30 second news has given way to folks who don't want to have conversations and grow. That demands, time, effort, compromise, and diplomacy.

Pushing selfish agendas that net immediate results without effort is a dangerous trend. Folks need to engage and get back in the ring of diplomacy. Been doing this for over 40 years face to face.

Best response I've read.