Who would you trade Adam Dunn for ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really wouldnt want to see him go but if they do get rid of him hopefully it will be for a good pitcher you know a name guy. Not just one like Bronson Arroyo even though he is great. Maybe Schmidt out of San Fran. The Reds still need his bat but at the same time are 1 good pitcher away from making the playoffs.

The Reds are 1 good pitcher away from making the playoffs, ONLY IF, they can replace the offensive production that you would lose from trading Dunn.

I think you take Dunn out and replace him with Denorfia, Freel, or Hopper and you don't make the playoffs, unless you sign a Tejada-like player at another position.

LBBC, I believe you are 100% correct in this, regarding the inability for some to want certain players and their salaries, or both.

Another reason I'm NEVER in favor of long term, pay escalation contracts and more, incentive based performance contracts over time. Usually those last 1-2 years on most contracts, are loaded and when players either get moved or fade away, with a team having to bear the burden often times.

I like JR but if they can get some comparable trade value, with him and a package deal for pitching, leadoff type players....it would have to be considered, simply from his age standpoint.

With his age, contract status and history of injuries, I don't think the bolded is a reality for JR.

Not a lot to show that Bronson was ready to perform at the level he did this past season.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/individual_stats_player.jsp?c_id=cin&playerID=276520

Only had one complete game in his career with 3 this year.

Had never posted a season with an ERA below 4.00 (as a starter) before this season.

Of course, his other two full seasons were in the American League, where you have the DH rule. As a general rule, the DH inflates offense by about 10 percent.

Of course, his other two full seasons were in the American League, where you have the DH rule. As a general rule, the DH inflates offense by about 10 percent.

And increases a pitcher's IP totals thus increasing their other pitching totals included a greater chance at complete games because they will not necessarily be pinch hit for.

And increases a pitcher's IP totals thus increasing their other pitching totals included a greater chance at complete games because they will not necessarily be pinch hit for.
Theoretically, yes, but very few teams ask their pitchers to throw complete games now. Even AL teams often carry 11-13 pitchers on a roster at any time.

Arroyo had a fine year, but the jury is still out on whether he can repeat that consistently. Pitchers' performances fluctuate from year to year, but Arroyo has turned in three decent (sometimes better) seasons and shown himself to be durable. That alone makes him a valuable commodity on the pitching market.