Who would you trade Adam Dunn for ?

If Phillips was the SS of the future, I suspect he would have gotten a trial there in September when Aurilia replaced Clayton in the starting lineup.

They didn't want to mess with him while they were still in it. Just what I've heard...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Phillips was the SS of the future, I suspect he would have gotten a trial there in September when Aurilia replaced Clayton in the starting lineup.

I saw BP play at least a few innings at SS — at least I don't think I'm imagining that.

At the beginning of the year Boston had Arroyo as the odd man out of the roatation.....Now had they known the injury problems the likes of Wells, Clement, and Co. would have, they wouldn't have pulled the trigger for Pena.

The only teams I see possibly making a serious run at Dunn are Detroit and Oakland. Zito and Harden are untouchable for the A's as are Bonderman and Verlander for the Tigers IMO. The rest of the guys on those rotations don't impress me much.....I wish they would trade him, but I just don't see Dunn going anywhere.

Zito is a Free Agent, and will not be with the A's in 2007.

How would we be kidding our selves if we think he could bring in a possible number 1 to this team or at worse a number 2...As GT said Willy Mo was able to bring an Arroyo for us who ended up being a solid number 1 and 2 with Harang. So with Dunn who is more proven that Willy Mo, you would think that we probably could even get a little bit more for him than we did with Willy Mo. So if we got that for Willy Mo it is not crazy at all to think that we can atleast get the same if not better than we did for Willy Mo...

Bronson Arroyo was a #2 on the Reds. He was not a #2 on the Red Sox.

Would you trade Dunn for Brad Lidge and Jason Lane? That rumor is picking up steam -- are the majority of you guys for that deal?

With Lidge's blowups this season, I would be very hesitant to pull the trigger on this deal. Lidge was a proven closer till this season. But to me, this seasons put a huge cloud of doubt on him.

Beckett-W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR BB SO

2006 16 11 5.01 33 33 0 0 0 0 204.2 191 120 114 36 74 158

Bronson- W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR BB SO

2006 14 11 3.29 35 35 3 1 0 0 240.2 222 98 88 31 64 184

Beckett has 2 more wins but and ERA way higher. Looks like he would be a solid #2 there.

Look up all the #2 pitchers in the league and compair them with Bronson.

Not a lot to show that Bronson was ready to perform at the level he did this past season.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/individual_stats_player.jsp?c_id=cin&playerID=276520

Only had one complete game in his career with 3 this year.

Had never posted a season with an ERA below 4.00 (as a starter) before this season.

Only one season (LY) with over 200 IP. Struck out 42 more than his previos season high.

Hit 14 and 20 batters the previous season with only 5 this year.

Recorded his FIRST shutout in his career this season.

He might have had a career year this year. Ala, Jimmy Haynes, Paul Wilson, Pete Schourek, etc, etc.

Not a lot to show that Bronson was ready to perform at the level he did this past season.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/individual_stats_player.jsp?c_id=cin&playerID=276520

Only had one complete game in his career with 3 this year.

Had never posted a season with an ERA below 4.00 (as a starter) before this season.

Only one season (LY) with over 200 IP. Struck out 42 more than his previos season high.

Hit 14 and 20 batters the previous season with only 5 this year.

Recorded his FIRST shutout in his career this season.

He might have had a career year this year. Ala, Jimmy Haynes, Paul Wilson, Pete Schourek, etc, etc.

Maybe he is taking roids.....