Browns Release Joe Haden

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sad for Browns fans though it was inevitable. Haden was once a shut-down corner. Ask Chad Johnson. Haden had some of his best games against Chad. BUt injuries over the last couple of years have severely hampered Haden and he doesn't seem to be the same. Offenses are now throwing in his direction and he isn't producing. Analytics sites have him ranked low among Dbs over the last couple of years--88th out of 110.

Haden was a class act at Cleveland and a fan favorite. He was a Pro Bowl player on a team that had few things to celebrate.

As a Browns fan, I don't understand this move. He may have slipped some but they still need an experienced CB who can keep the ship afloat and also mentor the younger players. It's not like the Browns are hurting for cap space. If you can sign Osweiler and his ridiculous contract strictly to get a 2nd round draft pick, you can keep Haden on your roster.

As a Browns fan, I don't understand this move. He may have slipped some but they still need an experienced CB who can keep the ship afloat and also mentor the younger players. It's not like the Browns are hurting for cap space. If you can sign Osweiler and his ridiculous contract strictly to get a 2nd round draft pick, you can keep Haden on your roster.

He would be a pretty expensive mentor.

Analytics say "No" to keeping him. It's how they are building their team.

He was scheduled to make $11.1mm this year with $4mm guaranteed. That would suck to get cut making that kind of jack.

Somebody cut me, please. TAC... anybody, cut me! :greedy:

Just joking. I get your point. I'll bet the idea of getting cut by a team that you once were the second best player on and had been completely loyal to was the thing that hurt him first. Then after he has time to think about it, the loss of income will be the pain that lasts.

This is sad for Browns fans though it was inevitable. Haden was once a shut-down corner. Ask Chad Johnson. Haden had some of his best games against Chad. BUt injuries over the last couple of years have severely hampered Haden and he doesn't seem to be the same. Offenses are now throwing in his direction and he isn't producing. Analytics sites have him ranked low among Dbs over the last couple of years--88th out of 110.

Haden was a class act at Cleveland and a fan favorite. He was a Pro Bowl player on a team that had few things to celebrate.

I think your time frame is off. His best games came against AJ Green, not Chad Johnson. Chad wasn't even a Bengal anymore once Haden arrived.