Corey Booker Wants to Make Marijuana Legal on a Federal Level

lawildcat

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only one objection to legalization - I don't want kids smoking or drinking. Kid brains are still forming and need to postpone use until they are better able to handle it. Think about people you know with drug or alcohol problems. If you are like me, you don't know many problem users that didn't start in high school. Legalization would save law enforcement a lot of time, trouble and money.

I have only one objection to legalization - I don't want kids smoking or drinking. Kid brains are still forming and need to postpone use until they are better able to handle it. Think about people you know with drug or alcohol problems. If you are like me, you don't know many problem users that didn't start in high school. Legalization would save law enforcement a lot of time, trouble and money.

I agree, the one definite negative to the Devil's Lettuce is it is bad for young brains.

However, because of the current "decriminalization" of Marijuana it is easier than ever for kids to get their hands on (420, Ganga, Herb).

The Government needs to use the Toilet or get off the Pot. Pun not intended.

In short, the Government needs to legalize Marijuana and make very strict laws/penalties for Under 21 use and then enforce it vigorously.

If we/the Government do anything else, or nothing at all, then Marijuana use will become more and more widespread and prevalent among young people.

I agree, the one definite negative to the Devil's Lettuce is it is bad for young brains.

However, because of the current "decriminalization" of Marijuana it is easier than ever for kids to get their hands on (420, Ganga, Herb).

The Government needs to use the Toilet or get off the Pot. Pun not intended.

In short, the Government needs to legalize Marijuana and make very strict laws/penalties for Under 21 use and then enforce it vigorously.

If we/the Government do anything else, or nothing at all, then Marijuana use will become more and more widespread and prevalent among young people.

I read a while back that underage usage has skyrocketed in Colorado since being legalized for adults. Just like kids used to sneak a beer or two out of dad's stash in the garage now they just sneak a joint out of mom's night stand.

I read a while back that underage usage has skyrocketed in Colorado since being legalized for adults. Just like kids used to sneak a beer or two out of dad's stash in the garage now they just sneak a joint out of mom's night stand.

Please find the study and post a link.

A quick Google search gave me this:

Programs like D.A.R.E. and the Just Say No campaign might not have kept the nation's youth from smoking pot, but it's possible that legalization could.

According to two recent studies, states that have legalized the recreational use of marijuana are seeing a decrease in illegal use by young people. Officials in both Colorado and Washington have reported a decrease in the use of marijuana by underage consumers, and credit increased education about the real effects of the drug, cutting back on the black market, and tight restrictions to enter a regulated dispensary.

Underage Pot Use Down in Colorado | Westword

And this, and there are a bunch of others:

Teen marijuana use fell sharply in Colorado in the years 2014 and 2015, after the opening of that state's recreational marijuana market, new federal survey data show.

After legalization, teen marijuana use drops sharply in Colorado - The Washington Post

Please find the study and post a link.

A quick Google search gave me this:

Programs like D.A.R.E. and the Just Say No campaign might not have kept the nation's youth from smoking pot, but it's possible that legalization could.

According to two recent studies, states that have legalized the recreational use of marijuana are seeing a decrease in illegal use by young people. Officials in both Colorado and Washington have reported a decrease in the use of marijuana by underage consumers, and credit increased education about the real effects of the drug, cutting back on the black market, and tight restrictions to enter a regulated dispensary.

Underage Pot Use Down in Colorado | Westword

And this, and there are a bunch of others:

Teen marijuana use fell sharply in Colorado in the years 2014 and 2015, after the opening of that state's recreational marijuana market, new federal survey data show.

After legalization, teen marijuana use drops sharply in Colorado - The Washington Post

It's been a while, I'll try to find it. The links you posted seem to be saying the exact opposite.

I misstated what I read. The article states that a third of underage users were getting it from someone else's prescription, which I thought was a huge number of misused prescriptions. The article states that overall use was similar.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/elizabethlopatto/2014/04/24/marijuana-legalization-what-about-the-teens/#3610fdf93932

I misstated what I read. The article states that a third of underage users were getting it from someone else's prescription, which I thought was a huge number of misused prescriptions. The article states that overall use was similar.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/elizabethlopatto/2014/04/24/marijuana-legalization-what-about-the-teens/#3610fdf93932

So that means kids who may have already been getting what they wanted are just finding different methods to procure what they want. That's not increasing usage amongst kids, just shifting where they get it from.

I swiped a lot of booze from my dad's liquor cabinet over the years of my teenaged self. Laws didn't interest me at that time in my life when I was focused on a particular goal. Sounds a lot like the kids who swiped joints from their parents.