Do You Have a favorite Political Analyst ?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number 1 & 3 Ok, I'll trust their facts at pretty much face value

Numbers 2, 4- 9 All pretty much give their view on the issues......a long way from "just the facts"

As to "Google is your friend"........since when does Google have any type of fact checking filter......assuming you seldom clear your cache, it even helps to accentuate ones personal view of the world over time.....seldom a good thing!

2, 4-9 give me the information I'm looking for. At the very least, I can read speeches and propaganda directly from the horses mouth and in the context it was intended, not 3 second sound bytes followed by some "expert" interpreting them for me. And I do understand that I am reading propaganda. However, I consider the views of those doing the government's business, the actual people voting on legislation and making decisions that affecting me, facts. Their opinions kind of matter, yes?

Also, there are hard cold facts aplenty, if you know what your looking for.

Why would I have Google attempt to do my fact checking for me? You are correct, it has no fact checking function. It's a search engine. That's how I use it.

As far as your assumptions go? Trust me. I know how to use Google and I definitely know how to use a computer. BTW, clearing your cache does not necessarily protect you from Google Analytics.

So.....where do YOU get your info?

Sad to say I don't have a really good, consistent, source of factual info. Especially one(s) that can keep up with the rapid ever-changing news headlines.

I pretty much let all the various news sources cover me with their spin.......while I understand that probably 90% of what they say is either misleading or outright false.

After more thought, I do have pretty much a favorite political analyst.........and while I'm confident he has favorites, I think his reporting is always professional.

My kudos go to Al Cross. Currently at UK's Institute for Rural Journalism, previously at the C-J and cut his teeth at local news outlets in rural KY.

Sad to say I don't have a really good, consistent, source of factual info. Especially one(s) that can keep up with the rapid ever-changing news headlines.

I pretty much let all the various news sources cover me with their spin.......while I understand that probably 90% of what they say is either misleading or outright false.

You realize you just said you do what swamprat does, only in a much more simplified manner with a lot less effort, plus you have much more opinion in your option. :lol2: