So how many of the Sweet Sixteen posted stats as were required

Rules should be followed. So should the punishment for not following them, which is a fine, not a loss of any games, including post season games.

So what punishment? Money out of the taxpayer pockets, as who do you think winds up paying for that fine? Loss of games next year? Firing the AD who didn't make sure his coaches followed the rules? The Coaching staff?

People it isn't that hand to do but my complaint isn't with the teams/coaches/AD's but with the KHSAA who put in a rule but hasn't enforced it at all during the season.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To both rjs4470 and Bengal Maniac, then the Commissioner doesn't need to send an email out that says you are required to do this. Pretty simple really, either it is a requirement, or it isn't a requirement.

It's The Commissioner's call to make the rule but if he says it's required, then it needs to be followed by all. And thank you RJS for the nice words, I try very hard to do my book fairly to all.

I have no problem with a fine.

BTW anyone who doubts that it is a required report the below has been copied from one of the games where only one team sent in the required stats.

Unfortunately,

the opposing team

hasn't filed the

required stats report.

If this is important to the KHSAA then fine the varsity head coach like they do for an ejection. Otherwise just say it's optional.

I don't get why it's required in the first place.

I agree, stats are only as good as the person "sees" it who is keeping the book. It's interesting to follow 2 teams on game changer as what is scored as a hit for one keeper is an error on the other. It also promotes selfishness instead of team first.

I agree, stats are only as good as the person "sees" it who is keeping the book. It's interesting to follow 2 teams on game changer as what is scored as a hit for one keeper is an error on the other. It also promotes selfishness instead of team first.

I just don't agree that stat keeping promotes selfishness. You could also argue it promotes accountability. Pretty much every team keeps stats, and even if they post them as required. Even if they didn't players would still know a good chunk of their numbers.

So what punishment? Money out of the taxpayer pockets, as who do you think winds up paying for that fine? Loss of games next year? Firing the AD who didn't make sure his coaches followed the rules? The Coaching staff?

I wonder if they could take away regular season games for the following year, if not compliant. Instead of having a limit of 36 games prior to postseason, that team would get 33. I think coaches would take notice.

People it isn't that hand to do but my complaint isn't with the teams/coaches/AD's but with the KHSAA who put in a rule but hasn't enforced it at all during the season.

I wonder if they could take away regular season games for the following year, if not compliant. Instead of having a limit of 36 games prior to postseason, that team would get 33. I think coaches would take notice.

So, a direct punishment for kids. How is this a good idea?

When there is a title ix problem they have taken away games for the boys.
Apples and anvils. We are talking about the reporting of stats that don't amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of competition.

Apples and anvils. We are talking about the reporting of stats that don't amount to a hill of beans in the grand scheme of competition.

There is a lot of game planning that can go on in all sports by looking at the stats alone...

I agree but something needs to be done it they are saying it Ian required and then you have some that don't do it. IN the email it says "fines" will be enforced. Pretty sure they haven't fined anybody for not reporting.

I agree but something needs to be done it they are saying it Ian required and then you have some that don't do it. IN the email it says "fines" will be enforced. Pretty sure they haven't fined anybody for not reporting.

Then they should. Sounds simple to me.