South Oldham W45-0

Shelby Co. W56-7

Fern Creek

Eastern

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the main comments of this thread that the Louisville schools are probably better than the Lexington area as a whole(though I don't think Male has had their way with Catholic the last two years by any means). However I think that A problem with the Lexington Schools is that the talent is to dispersed around the city. I do think that a All-Star Lexington team would compete with Louisville though. There are at least five good runningbacks and two quarterbacks that would make a team like that competitive. Add in some of the recievers like Logan and Beavin who hurt Male and I think Lexington All-stars would be tough. Obviously this is only a random hypothetical situation, but I am just responding to earlier said comments.

Originally posted by ram95

...Once again because it is not sinking in my point is : Louisville Football has been Dominate over Lexington Football ergo Louisville Teams are ranked higher!!! Until Lexington teams beat them that is how it is. My stats are there to help guide you to the same conclusion. If you reach a different one than please feel free to support your premise with all those.... I mean that one State 4A title that Lexington has.

I would guess that it is not sinking in because it is not valid.

Let's examine playoff history since 1995.

In 1995, Henry Clay beat Louisville Central and lost to St X.

In 1996, Dunbar beat Fairdale

In 1997, There were no games between Lexington and Louisville teams because the Lexington team lost to Boone County.

In 1998, Tates Creek beat Trinity and lost to Male.

In 1999, Henry Clay beat Ballard and lost to Trinity, Bryan Station beat Eastern, Fern Creek, and Trinity before losing to St X in the finals

In 2000, Bryan Station lost to Eastern, Henry Clay beat Seneca, Eastern before losing to Trinity, and Tates Creek lost to Trinity

In 2001, Tates Creek lost to Trinity

Since 1995, Lexington 4A teams are 2-7 versus the big 3, but are 7-1 against all other Louisville schools. The big 3 are definitely "DOMINANT", as they are against schools from Louisville. There is no evidence whatsoever that the rest of Louisville is dominant. In fact, the evidence for the contrary is easy to see. You can talk all you want about hypothetical games, but the ones I listed are real games played.

The original premise of this thread is flawed. There is no reason to think any team from Lexington should be ranked over any of the big 3 this year. It isn't even close and hasn't been for 3 years.

I would guess that it is not sinking in because it is not valid.
The original premise of this thread is flawed. There is no reason to think any team from Lexington should be ranked over any of the big 3 this year. It isn't even close and hasn't been for 3 years.

How is it you can say my point is not valid and then agree that the premise is flawed, my point was that Lexington teams can't be ranked higher than Louisville teams until they beat them. And You yourself just stated the same thing. Lexington Schools have not Beaten a Louisville School for the title since 1981. And that was the only time.

The original post asked why aren't Lexington teams ranked higher than Louisville teams!. We agree that Lexington teams have not beaten Louisville teams for the title Right, that must mean that Louisville teams have been beating Lexington teams for the title, since Louisville teams are the ones winning the most titles. Ergo the Louisville teams are dominate over Lexington teams until Lexington beats Louisville out for the title.

The Big three are Louisville teams, I am not the one being hypothetical! This whole take away the big three thing is stupid, because as I said in my first post they are a part of Louisville Football and a part of the regular season up here as well as the playoffs. And so what if Lexinton did beat Fairdale, FernCreek or Seneca, how hasn't. I never said that every Louisville team is going to beat every Lexington team. I said the better Louisville teams are Historically better than the good Lexington teams. That whole 21-1 title record should speak to that.

As far as the last few years Lexington should have more wins, since until this year most of the better public schools were in the west and the weaker teams were in the east, I mean Central and Fairdale got moved to 3A for cripes sakes. This is not the case this year, Seneca has moved back to the west, Eastern and Ballard are much improved though Fern Creek still stinks. Your guys didn't play Male, PRP, or even Butler a couple of years ago.

Your point

My point: The original premise of this thread is wrong because Louisville teams have been dominate over Lexington teams. Until Lexington starts beating the big three or whoever (from Louisville) is in the Final game Lexington will always be ranked below the Top Louisville schools.

These aren't that different OLD RED I hope you see that.

Since 1995, Lexington 4A teams are 2-7 versus the big 3, but are 7-1 against all other Louisville schools. The big 3 are definitely "DOMINANT", as they are against schools from Louisville. There is no evidence whatsoever that the rest of Louisville is dominant. In fact, the evidence for the contrary is easy to see. You can talk all you want about hypothetical games, but the ones I listed are real games played.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Way to go OLD RED!!!! WAY TO GO LEX>>>> Keep dominating the Ville'!!!!!!!

7-1 vs. all else like I said earlier look at the #'s........ Make that 8-1 because Dunbar beat Ballard last year in the regular season!:argue:

You can't judge the playoffs by who you played in round one. The big three are Louisville schools. Your numbers are pointless because you can't take away Male, Trinity and St.X any more that we could take away Tates Creek, Byrant Station, or Henry Clay. Remember last year and your Smash Mouth Football that ended with a Louisville team winning 50-0. Yeah you all really dominated that game. Who cares if you beat the worst teams in Louisville, when it really counts Lexington is dominated in the East region by a Louisville school, and if they should make it past Trinity, then they always get beat by another Louisville school.

Originally posted by fb

Since 1995,

7-1 vs. all else like I said earlier look at the #'s........ Make that 8-1 because Dunbar beat Ballard last year in the regular season!:argue:

fb,

Can you list the games that make up the 8-1 record? Lexington and Louisville schools don't play each other that often (I assume most all of these are playoff games). I'm just interested in seeing them.

Okay Ram lets ad in the big 3......... that makes Lexington up 10-8 they are still beating Louisville!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So That should be the end of this discussion, Lexington 10 wins Louisville 8.... Throw in Lex Cath and that makes Lexington 11 wins and Louisville 9... LEX STILL IS AHEAD!!!!! 6 teams vs. ? from Lville they should have way more Championships it is a #'s thing.... but head to head LEX vs. LOUISVILLE and that is the title of the thread ... head to head LEX wins in total games.....:lol:

The only number that Counts 21-1

You can't count Lex Cath 3A and also for the record they lost this year to a Louisville team. So what if you beat the worst teams. Last year Ballard and eastern stunk up the east end now they are better. If Eastern Manual or Ballard this year played your bottom three they would wipe the floor with them, and I think they could beat your top three as well. Louisville is bigger and does have more teams, we have more teams that would beat Lexington teams and we have teams that would lose to Lexington teams. But the rankings are not to show moral victories by Lexington over bad Louisville teams, they are to show the teams that are most likely to win the State title. And since Lexington teams never seem able to do that recently I would say that Louisville is dominate. Anything else you want to say is pointless, and I am done beating this dead horse.

You are going to win or lose a football game. But when it comes to play-off time you hear who is better. Well everyone always thinks a louisville team is better. Because they have had a tradition. Well Meade County broke St. X's tradition last year. That was the first time since 1988 they had been put out in the first round. there has been teh question can trinity can be beaten. Yes they can be beat you just have to have the heart to do it. And put all you have into the game before that. and then the next and the next. YOU CAN'T DROP THE BALL. never let up!!!! So why worry if lexington is better. It makes no sense. Worry about who you face first in the playoffs and look at who you wanna play in the final round to prove you can win!!!!:ylsuper: