Lexington teams vs. Louisville teams

LexDogs33

Louisville is the greatest high school football city in the nation, don't you know that by now. The way they man handle these 5A and 6A schools from Kentucky, man I bet "the big 3" are ranked 1,2, and 3 in the nation. Could you imagine how great they would be if we didn't have any other 5A or 6A schools, such as North Laurel or Clay County, for them to play. They would probably get stuck in a 4A class with powerhouses from all over the state. I do not see why the Lexington schools can't compete. They have the same enrollment numbers, probably more money, and don't recruit either. I wish these Lexington shools would get it together, it's embarassing that these teams from Louisville of equal caliber win, win, win, win! Ahhhh, but I remember when 5A power Clark County put a spankin on the X and T. It was 1991, the year David overcame Goliath, TWICE! That's what we live for, and don't be surprised if David slays Goliath again!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Louisville finals are the best attended games of the playoffs. Therefore I would guess that they produce the biggest payday. I really don't understand your previous rant. I think this thread was started to compare Louisville vs. Lexington football success. It is hard for me to believe that anyone could think that Lexington is anywhere near Louisville in football success. It is a fact, deal with it.

Seriously guys. Lexington has some decent teams this year and in the past, but it is not close. I would take Trinity, Male, St. X, Manual, Eastern or Ballard over the best 4A of Lexington anyday (I guess Dunbar at this point). The only team that could compete against the Louisville schools is Lex. Cath, and from listening to Lexington public school posters, the Knights are more of a Lexington all-start team than a highschool.

The last time a Lex. 4A team reached state finals, they had their teeth knocked out by Male in 1998. Tates Creek spent the week talking about how Jefferson County teams didn't know how to hit, and you saw what happened...

All Louisville finals are HUGE money-makers. And that just isn't from the hometown support. Who wouldn't want to see Male and Trinity go at it in Cardinal Stadium for a state championship? Or, to a greater degree Trinity and X?

I agree. The past couple of years all we heard about was

"Smash Mouth" football in Lexington. Tates Creek brought a big "Smash Mouth" sign for their team to run through like it was their homecoming game. Final, Trinity 50- "Smash Mouth" 0.

Originally posted by Old Red

How logical is this? They can't possibly ever meet in the finals. They will never be in the opposite sides of the bracket.

You could make the same ignorant statement about NKY 3A teams. They have never met in the finals either so how good could Cov Cath or Highlands be? Surely they would have met once in the finals if they were really any good. Logic is not your strong suit

First you are putting words in my mouth. I never said Lexington wasn't any good, I said they have not dominated 4A football the way Louisville has. Also I am only talking 4A, football so I can't understand your wanting to bring Highlands and NKY into this unless you are tring to bring the NKY people into this discussion hoping they will back you up. NKY 3A is dominate over Louisville 3A in as much as Louisville is dominate over Lexington in 4A.

If Logic is not my strong suit than facts must not be yours. Lexington has had the opportunity since 1975 to have teams meet! Only recently this has not been the case.

Besides reread my second post, I understand that Lexington schools are currently from the same district and I explain why I still think this statistic is valid.

Look don't take this personally, but I don't think my logic is the one that is flawed. To be very blunt my point is : Louisville Football has been Dominate over Lexington Football ergo Louisville Teams are ranked higher until Lexington teams beat them. My stats are there to help guide you to the same conclusion. If you reach a different one than please feel free to support your premise with all those.... I mean that one State 4A title that Lexington has.

LEXDOG33 POSTED

Dunbar beat Ballard last year. Louisville teams can't beat Dunbar. I don't care about 25 years ago, this is now.
Dunbar trampled Conner in a scrimmage at the beginning of the season this year. That is another Dunbar over Louisville victory.

Conner is not a Louisville team genius! It is NKY:lol: Besides a scrimmage is not a Playoff game.

Let Dumbar beat Trinity and Ballard or Eastern this year. And you can talk big guy!

Originally posted by LexDogs33

Therefore, the best Lexington teams CAN hang with Louisville teams.

Yes the very best team in Lexington should be able to hang with Seneca, Atherton, and a whole lot of Louisville teams. Just not the good ones.:p

LexDogs33 Louisville teams can't beat Dunbar. I don't care about 25 years ago, this is now.

Trinity would destroy Dunbar this year along with some other Louisville teams, and this is NOW! Looks like you made your christmas wish list out early this year.

I can't believe we are having this discussion! 21 State Titles - 1 State Title. I think a more appropriate question is between NKY and Lexington, and even there I feel NKY dominates Lexington. Good Luck Lexington Schools and hopefully we will get a chance to meet you all on November 29 at 7:30 on your home field!