Lexington teams vs. Louisville teams

LexDogs33

Originally posted by KROCK

I don't know you well enough, but surely you are teasing!!

IMHO, any of the big three could beat an allstar team from Lexington.:rolleyes: :thumb:

I disagree strongly unless you really meant an allstar team rather than a real team constructed from the best players in Lexington.

If you could construct a "team" from all of the best players in Lexington, you would have a team with competition for each position. This is something that most of the best players do not face on their current teams. There are many players who cannot be pushed in practice by anyone on their team. This is most critical for linemen. If there is no one as strong or as quick on the opposite line, they will have trouble dealing with it in a game situation. They also will not improve as much on their technique or realize any shortcoming if it can't be exploited by the opposite number in practice. There are several potential D1 players on the roster of the Lexington teams, just not enough on any one team to push each other. A constructed team would have that and the competition would hone it. It is ridiculous speculation to state that the best talent on the 5 Lexington teams could be put together and form a team that still couldn't beat any of the top 3 in Louisville. This also flies in the face of all the talk about "wasted" talent on the Lexington teams and that Trinity and St X win with less talent but with "better discipline, heart, and tradition."

Then again, you would have to come up with an all star coaching staff also. This plays a very big part in causing talent to be "wasted."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Since1856

...The last time a Lex. 4A team reached state finals, they had their teeth knocked out by Male in 1998. Tates Creek spent the week talking about how Jefferson County teams didn't know how to hit, and you saw what happened...

Did you forget 1999? Of course, you did...

Now for your response (or someone from St X) before you do it, yes St X won, in overtime. I wouldn't call it a blow out.

Originally posted by ram95

First you are putting words in my mouth. I never said Lexington wasn't any good, I said they have not dominated 4A football the way Louisville has. Also I am only talking 4A, football so I can't understand your wanting to bring Highlands and NKY into this unless you are tring to bring the NKY people into this discussion hoping they will back you up. NKY 3A is dominate over Louisville 3A in as much as Louisville is dominate over Lexington in 4A.

If Logic is not my strong suit than facts must not be yours. Lexington has had the opportunity since 1975 to have teams meet! Only recently this has not been the case.

Besides reread my second post, I understand that Lexington schools are currently from the same district and I explain why I still think this statistic is valid.

Look don't take this personally, but I don't think my logic is the one that is flawed. To be very blunt my point is : Louisville Football has been Dominate over Lexington Football ergo Louisville Teams are ranked higher until Lexington teams beat them. My stats are there to help guide you to the same conclusion. If you reach a different one than please feel free to support your premise with all those.... I mean that one State 4A title that Lexington has.

In what years were Lexington teams on opposite sides of the brackets so that they could meet in the finals? Name the year.

There is not a team in Lexington or even in the district that can compete this year with any one of the big three. In fact, I haven't seen a team since 1999 that I thought could. I am assuming that that year was an anomoly. It may happen every 4 or 5 years, but no more often. That does not mean that there is no talent in Lexington, just not enough of it on one team. Lex Cath does pull some players from other teams, but not that many. Once they reach 4A size, they will probably draw more and could then be a real force in 4A, even moreso than they have been in 3A.

Correct me if I am wrong, and I am sure you will. But I believe 1980 to 1985 some Lexington teams were on either either side of the bracket. I was trying to find some proof to back this up, but to be honest I could not. But it still doesn't matter!

All I was saying was that Louisville has more teams and more talented teams than Lexington historically. That stat should show you that. The whole reason Louisville is split is to try to make the talent alittle more even. If Lexington had all the talent then and more teams they should teams on either side of the bracket. So even if Lexington has never been on either side(which I believe they have) it just goes to prove my point, Lexington doesn't have the sheer number of horses (pardon the pun) to compete year in and year out. Louisville has always had more teams and talent, even if Lex Cath does build a super Lexington 4A team we already have three teams like that and Manual is starting to show signs of building prominence. I think Lexington has some good teams, and some of them are good year in and out, but they aren't historically as good as the better Louisville teams, and there aren't as many teams with the potential to rival the big three as there are in Louisville.

Once again because it is not sinking in my point is : Louisville Football has been Dominate over Lexington Football ergo Louisville Teams are ranked higher!!! Until Lexington teams beat them that is how it is. My stats are there to help guide you to the same conclusion. If you reach a different one than please feel free to support your premise with all those.... I mean that one State 4A title that Lexington has.

Originally posted by LexDogs33

All i hear about is Louisville's big 3. It won't last all year,

Actually you are right for once! You won't hear about it much after your district is eliminated by Trinity. St. X is beatable, I think Male is too, it remains to be seen if Trinity is or not, the only thing pretty clear is that it won't be a Lexington team doing the honors on any of these teams. Eastern, Ballard, Manual, maybe, Dunbar, Tates Creek, Scott, Lafayette, no.