The President's Learning Curve

Clyde

I like the fact with the military... he is letting the generals make the call... I believe Obama would have rather lost a few good guys as opposed to drop the MOAB... All the military correspondents seem to be pleased with how Trump is allowing the military men to do their job, and is not afraid of the possible fall out from some decisions.

To me it make sense because political correctness isn't in Tumps vocabulary.

A few thoughts on the above:

The military cannot be driving decisions. The military does a great job at executing plans. They are NOT geopolitical experts so they should not be driving decisions. Their role is to execute decisions.

"fall out from some decisions" - You realize what that could be, right? That could be lost military lives. That could be huge financial costs to the country. He and we should ALL be "afraid" of possible fall out." We cannot be cavalier about our actions.

A few thoughts on the above:

The military cannot be driving decisions. The military does a great job at executing plans. They are NOT geopolitical experts so they should not be driving decisions. Their role is to execute decisions.

"fall out from some decisions" - You realize what that could be, right? That could be lost military lives. That could be huge financial costs to the country. He and we should ALL be "afraid" of possible fall out." We cannot be cavalier about our actions.

I get what you are saying, but war is war... if we are constantly worried about what others think and political correctness throughout the world and that hinders us from taking appropriate action... over time those types of build ups will result in much bigger actions.

As a military talking head said... Isis and such respond to power... they take advantage of the weak... they need to be shown who is the boss. They prey on changing the dialogue of the american people through a liberal media in hopes they propel more and more tolerance with in our thinking. They want nothing more than to see the US destroyed.

If you drop some bombs on people and say no more Mr. Nice, I think that will get their attention.

Some people might say he is getting sucked into that swamp that he was going to drain.

I have tried the view from the swamp this past year. The mud is deep and some of it has really set up the past 8 years and in some cases 100 years. I believe he is passionate about draining it just as the Governor of KY is passionate about draining the swamp in KY. There are systems in place that are designed to make change difficult...there is some protection in that so change does not happen too quickily...ie. the merit system in KY. However, these systems also make it hard to fix things quickly. Trump has to overcome the solidity of the mud of the swamp of these many agencies, then the media's twist on every proposed change and lastly those democrats and republicans who have profited by selling swamp water for many years.

I have tried the view from the swamp this past year. The mud is deep and some of it has really set up the past 8 years and in some cases 100 years. I believe he is passionate about draining it just as the Governor of KY is passionate about draining the swamp in KY. There are systems in place that are designed to make change difficult...there is some protection in that so change does not happen too quickily...ie. the merit system in KY. However, these systems also make it hard to fix things quickly. Trump has to overcome the solidity of the mud of the swamp of these many agencies, then the media's twist on every proposed change and lastly those democrats and republicans who have profited by selling swamp water for many years.
Good friggin' luck with that one.

Trump was ALWAYS going to be in the Center. Some positions will be loved and hated by both sides.

Trump has no "Center"......can and does pretty much go anywhere, on any issue, at any time. That's what makes him so confusing and appealing at the same time!