The President's Learning Curve

Clyde

For Trump, a Steep Learning Curve Leads to Policy Reversals - NYTimes.com

Found out how FISA works after making his claims about wiretapping.

Good news: he's learning.

He does seem to be learning. Interested in seeing how he leads going forward. Wondering if reports of him going more to the center as opposed to the right will come to fruition.

He does seem to be learning. Interested in seeing how he leads going forward. Wondering if reports of him going more to the center as opposed to the right will come to fruition.

I don't believe he was ever to the right. He was essentially an independent running on the Republican ticket. Keep in mind two of his closest advisers, his daughter and son-in-law, are liberal democrats. I think we just got our first taste of that when he went against his base for the first time to strike Syria.

I don't believe he was ever to the right. He was essentially an independent running on the Republican ticket. Keep in mind two of his closest advisers, his daughter and son-in-law, are liberal democrats. I think we just got our first taste of that when he went against his base for the first time to strike Syria.

Agreed.

So, he really didn't mean all those things he said on the campaign trail?

You are smart enough to know that campaigning and governing are two very different things. I think he meant most of what he said, but being able to do it once in office is sometimes a bit harder.

As I said then, I think there were as many votes cast against Clinton as there were for Trump. Everyone wasn't drinking his Koolaid just because they voted for him, it just tasted better to them than what the other side was serving.

I like the fact with the military... he is letting the generals make the call... I believe Obama would have rather lost a few good guys as opposed to drop the MOAB... All the military correspondents seem to be pleased with how Trump is allowing the military men to do their job, and is not afraid of the possible fall out from some decisions.

To me it make sense because political correctness isn't in Tumps vocabulary.

I voted for Trump. Him striking Syria was a plus for me and all the people I know that voted for him. That part of the base that opposed this is not Trumps big base. This is more false info created by the left to create issues thats not there.