Should President Trump sign an Executive Order to avoid another United tragedy?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then maybe the Attorney General can quit playing with his Legos and immediately give the FAA some legal guidance for immediate implementation until the FAA can come up with a simple, easy to understand policy that makes the Airlines responsible for shortages instead of bullying paying customers that have done nothing wrong.

Unfortunately th AG can't help on this situation. The AG knows what people are, has seen people, possibly spoke to or even had contact with a person or people. On the flip side he may has seen a plane, knows what a plane is or maybe even flown in a plane. These events under the current political climate is grounds for his recusal from the arguement for or against.

Unfortunately th AG can't help on this situation. The AG knows what people are, has seen people, possibly spoke to or even had contact with a person or people. On the flip side he may has seen a plane, knows what a plane is or maybe even flown in a plane. These events under the current political climate is grounds for his recusal from the arguement for or against.

My point is we need higher intervention ASAP until a clear, concise passenger bill of rights is the universal standard.

I know, it was a tongue and cheek attempt at political humor. There are a thousand ways to handle this differently than dragging a guy off the plane.

Not that United wants to utilize and probably most other Airlines for that matter.

This is a business decision for United. Take a voucher or face the consequences.

We all know if Airlines were willing to let go with some cash this would NEVER be an issue.

Not that United wants to utilize and probably most other Airlines for that matter.

This is a business decision for United. Take a voucher or face the consequences.

We all know if Airlines were willing to let go with some cash this would NEVER be an issue.

The right amount of cash would have yielded volunteers. Maybe a standard last ticket bought first off the plane with compensation policy.

It's nice to know that if I ever decide to show my rear end on a plane after they've asked me to leave that G will have my back regardless. :lol2:

I know it is easy to say sitting here in the White Ivory Tower but had I been on that plane and it started to reach a point of no return I would have stood up and gave my seat up so that kind of abuse of another human being didn't happen.

And I am sure many of us here on BGP would do the exact same thing.

Wouldn't it just be easier for airlines to have some sort of message that appears once a flight reaches capacity? Something that informs the customer as they're buying a ticket that they are buying a ticket for a flight that is overbooked, and as such they are not guaranteed a seat if those who purchased earlier are all present.

Wouldn't it just be easier for airlines to have some sort of message that appears once a flight reaches capacity? Something that informs the customer as they're buying a ticket that they are buying a ticket for a flight that is overbooked, and as such they are not guaranteed a seat if those who purchased earlier are all present.

Maybe be more explicit about it? Again, I think some variation of this is in the fine print that no person besides the United attorneys have every read.

"Tragedy" seems a bit much.

Not to me.

I think it is a tragedy a human being was treated this way.

I sure hope we get the rest of the story and maybe I will change my mind but like I said in the other thread I think this was a comedy of errors on the part of several authorities.

Even if the victim here did not want to sue United, he could go on the talk show circuit, make some coin that way, and keep this story alive. I understand United's stock has tanked considerable. How stupid for United to do this, knowing full well 20+ cameras would record the event.

I apologize if I missed this conversation but what would the appropriate response have been when a passenger refuses to exit the plane when the airline as the stated right to remove him?

What arrest powers, if any, do officers in the DAA have?

Let's assume that the front line employees do not have carte blanche when it comes to financial inducements. No employer would give them that. So are we saying the flight has to be held up while the front line folks call for permission to offer more?

I get the victim's stance that he didn't want to exit the plane.No one did or they would have taken the offer. You're not guaranteed to stay on the plane.

Even if we hate the airline practices we all agree that the victim is partially responsible, correct?

Edited by Clyde