North Carolina 75 Kentucky 73

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just going to leave this here for research purposes:

John Higgins Sabotage of Kentucky on Vimeo

First two clips Higgins had a double whistle but yielded to his partner for the call which went against UK but he didn't report. The Willis foul opened up to the C (Higgins) and Willis grabbed his arm. Announcers complained on the Willis foul that they had their back to him how can he make that call, yet blamed him for the OOB call when the post players essentially went up and he was looking at their backs didn't have a whistle yet is blamed. The Fox drive I can see where you might have a foul although the defender had legal guarding position, was he vertical I would say no.

On Bams basket interference call...announcers with "ball was outside rim"...but still in contact with the rim, violation and again Higgins in C didn't make that call. On Bams push on rebound his left arm is draped over shoulder of defender who is boxing out and and jumping for rebound...good call. On the the " hip check" against Fox where he fell, could have had an illegal screen on Bam so maybe he went with seeing the entire play and decided to let it ride. Should there have been a whistle in that sequence probably but could have gone against Bam or UNC defender. Just my opinion

Edited by atm10
Additional info

First two clips Higgins had a double whistle but yielded to his partner for the call which went against UK but he didn't report. The Willis foul opened up to the C (Higgins) and Willis grabbed his arm. Announcers complained on the Willis foul that they had their back to him how can he make that call, yet blamed him for the OOB call when the post players essentially went up and he was looking at their backs didn't have a whistle yet is blamed. The Fox drive I can see where you might have a foul although the defender had legal guarding position, was he vertical I would say no.

You'll also notice that the UNC player caught the ball while standing out of bounds. At the very least, it should have been UK ball with time to get a shot off.

On Bams basket interference call...announcers with "ball was outside rim"...but still in contact with the rim, violation and again Higgins in C didn't make that call. On Bams push on rebound his left arm is draped over shoulder of defender who is boxing out and and jumping for rebound...good call

The problem with that one is that they didn't call the foul when Bam was being held on the shot.

You'll also notice that the UNC player caught the ball while standing out of bounds. At the very least, it should have been UK ball with time to get a shot off.

Higgins is in C, not his call on baseline

The no call when Monk was knocked to the floor, the "foul" on Gabriel and the block call on Fox were just terrible, IMO.

I'd like to see another angle for Gabriel's foul.

I thought the worst call was the one on Willis -- it was a loose ball and minimal contact.

The no call when Monk was knocked to the floor, the "foul" on Gabriel and the block call on Fox were just terrible, IMO.

Again could have had illegal on Bam as well, the block on Fox Higgins had a double whistle but partner reported so we don't know what Higgins had, he held and yielded to primary.

I'd like to see another angle for Gabriel's foul.

I thought the worst call was the one on Willis -- it was a loose ball and minimal contact.

That was probably the worst call in the game. The missed foul on Fox at the end of the half and the foul on Willis stood out to me.