Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky / Northern Kentucky University (NCAA First Round) Thoughts and Predictions

Who Wins? 75 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Kentucky (29-5)
      85%
    • NKU (24-10)
      14%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

9:30 tip time means the Bars and such will be packed and with UC playing at 7:27 and Louisville playing at 2:45 means an all day event for the bars.

 

The bars were going to be packed Friday no matter the tip times due to St. Patrick's Day.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they had put NKU playing U of L, I am betting there would have been a bigger fan base at the game for NKU than U of L.

I agree that NKU is probably not ready to beat a 2 seed. However, could you imagine them being a 14 seed and playing in Indy against a 3? All of UK's fans supporting them as well. Would have been awesome!!

Maybe I missed something, is there a 14 seed team scheduled for Indy? Didn't see it if there is.

Maybe I missed something, is there a 14 seed team scheduled for Indy? Didn't see it if there is.

 

Looks like the #3 seeds play in the following cities:

 

Tulsa

Orlando

Sacramento (x2)

Looks like I will be getting a free lunch a week from today. A guy at work bet me he thinks NKU will keep it within 10 points when the final whistle blows. Over 10 pt UK win I get free lunch, under he gets free lunch. I predict a 20+ pt UK victory

I hate that the Selection Committee thinks they're doing a good thing by putting in-state teams against each other in the first round.

 

I absolutely hate it.

I'll go a little lower and say 25.

 

I'm not sure this KY team is capable of beating a team that badly.

 

They have beaten exactly 2 teams by 20+ since January 10th. This team just doesn't seem to know how to step on a team's neck and end it like so many in the past.

NKU is going to need Carson Williams to have a "Larry Bird like" game to win. ;)

Why so many people hate the match up is beyond me. I love the match up. As a lifelong UK fan who bleeds blue I'm also a NKU fan. NKU getting in the tourney was the best thing that could have happened for the school. No matter who they played they were going to lose most probably.

 

So so why not play UK? This way the majority of people watching will be watching and feeling good for what NKU has done and as a U.K fan I can enjoy watching two teams I like instead of watching NKU play a Duke for instance and get upset when they are getting blown out. This is the best thing I could have hoped for as a Norse and Cat fan.

 

Now with that said, let's play pretend for awhile. Let's just act like NKU pulls the biggest upset ever and beats UK. What a great storyline that would be for the Norse. Beating the legendary UK Wildcats. Couldn't think of another team unless it was the years outright #1 that would make a better story for NKU.

 

So so I think it's great the two play each other and I can garuntee one thing, the majority of the crowd Fri nite will be very respectful to NKU and wish them the best.

Why so many people hate the match up is beyond me. I love the match up. As a lifelong UK fan who bleeds blue I'm also a NKU fan. NKU getting in the tourney was the best thing that could have happened for the school. No matter who they played they were going to lose most probably.

 

So so why not play UK? This way the majority of people watching will be watching and feeling good for what NKU has done and as a U.K fan I can enjoy watching two teams I like instead of watching NKU play a Duke for instance and get upset when they are getting blown out. This is the best thing I could have hoped for as a Norse and Cat fan.

 

Now with that said, let's play pretend for awhile. Let's just act like NKU pulls the biggest upset ever and beats UK. What a great storyline that would be for the Norse. Beating the legendary UK Wildcats. Couldn't think of another team unless it was the years outright #1 that would make a better story for NKU.

 

So so I think it's great the two play each other and I can garuntee one thing, the majority of the crowd Fri nite will be very respectful to NKU and wish them the best.

NKU playing UK is counter productive in the fight to build a larger fan base across the bluegrass. If by some strike of God they beat UK then they will be hated by a large majority of the state. Now if they had been playing Louisville or Duke and beat them, they would revered as folk heroes for generations.

NKU is going to need Carson Williams to have a "Larry Bird like" game to win. ;)

 

I hope he has the game of his life against them.

I would expect UK to sub often and limit minutes with another game on Sunday. That might help keep the score down. Love NKU but they are not going to hang with UK. Any 13 -16 seed I'd match NKU up with any of them anytime.

Looks like I will be getting a free lunch a week from today. A guy at work bet me he thinks NKU will keep it within 10 points when the final whistle blows. Over 10 pt UK win I get free lunch, under he gets free lunch. I predict a 20+ pt UK victory

 

I think you are 100% safe in your bet. This game could be over by half.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.