Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky / Northern Kentucky University (NCAA First Round) Thoughts and Predictions

Who Wins? 75 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Kentucky (29-5)
      85%
    • NKU (24-10)
      14%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

So whose going to be closer to being right when UK wins by 20? You or UKMF?

 

The conversation isn't how big the lead will get, it's what is the final score.

 

I was only giving how Vegas sets the line, not saying that it will be right. I will go with my original line of 29+. Cal will play his starters 30 minutes or more and UK will get by 35 or more before the bench comes in.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You don't actually believe that do you?

Considering all of the #NKwho hashtags I've seen from people who were cheering for NKU just last week, yeah I believe that.

Considering all of the #NKwho hashtags I've seen from people who were cheering for NKU just last week, yeah I believe that.

 

I haven't seen that hashtag even once.

 

What I have seen over and over again is #ukhateweek

 

I probably have a lot more NKU alumni on my timeline than you I guess.

Couldn't disagree more. If NKU beats UK, I'm not going to be upset at NKU, I'd be more upset at UK and Coach Cal for allowing it to happen which is what most intelligent fans in the state would feel also.

Im not saying they wouldn't be more upset with UK and Cal, but they would find it much harder in their hearts to become Northern fans as opposed to if they played UofL or Duke. Just my opinion, but if they played UofL or Duke I would imagine most of the state would be backing the Norse. Now they aren't. To me that put Northern in a bad situation. For the team itself it's great because they are living out most of their lifelong dreams of playing UK in the NCAA tournament. But for the future of the program I think they would have been better served playing spoiler to a team UK fans hate as opposed to UK. Just my opinion.

I haven't seen that hashtag even once.

 

What I have seen over and over again is #ukhateweek

 

I probably have a lot more NKU alumni on my timeline than you I guess.

Did you go to Northern? I went to UK so this would probably explain it. The only vocal NKU alum on my timeline is a giant Duke fan so he doesn't count.

Im not saying they wouldn't be more upset with UK and Cal, but they would find it much harder in their hearts to become Northern fans as opposed to if they played UofL or Duke. Just my opinion, but if they played UofL or Duke I would imagine most of the state would be backing the Norse. Now they aren't. To me that put Northern in a bad situation. For the team itself it's great because they are living out most of their lifelong dreams of playing UK in the NCAA tournament. But for the future of the program I think they would have been better served playing spoiler to a team UK fans hate as opposed to UK. Just my opinion.

 

I get what you're saying, but they wouldn't get anywhere near the exposure if they were playing a team like Arizona in Salt Lake City this weekend.

 

Louisville would have been a great draw for what you're saying. However, there aren't much better draws for NKU's program than getting UK in Indy.

Did you go to Northern? I went to UK so this would probably explain it. The only vocal NKU alum on my timeline is a giant Duke fan so he doesn't count.

 

Yeah, I did. Graduated in 2009. So definitely makes sense why our timelines probably look so different this week.

I get what you're saying, but they wouldn't get anywhere near the exposure if they were playing a team like Arizona in Salt Lake City this weekend.

 

Louisville would have been a great draw for what you're saying. However, there aren't much better draws for NKU's program than getting UK in Indy.

Arizona? No. UofL or Duke I think they would have. It's beside the point now. I'm sure UK fans will be more than respectful to Northern in Indy. I just think it would have been cooler if Northern had the backing of BBN during their first trip to the Tourney.

Fox is 40% from 3 last 13 games. He's only shooting about 2 a game, but he just needs to be a little bit of threat.

Fox is 40% from 3 last 13 games. He's only shooting about 2 a game, but he just needs to be a little bit of threat.
Knock on wood.
Fox is 40% from 3 last 13 games. He's only shooting about 2 a game, but he just needs to be a little bit of threat.

 

Thanks for posting that statistic. I've noticed that he's shooting at a much better clip from 3 lately.

 

Granted they are very good, wide open looks each time. Definitely like it.

Im not saying they wouldn't be more upset with UK and Cal, but they would find it much harder in their hearts to become Northern fans as opposed to if they played UofL or Duke. Just my opinion, but if they played UofL or Duke I would imagine most of the state would be backing the Norse. Now they aren't. To me that put Northern in a bad situation. For the team itself it's great because they are living out most of their lifelong dreams of playing UK in the NCAA tournament. But for the future of the program I think they would have been better served playing spoiler to a team UK fans hate as opposed to UK. Just my opinion.
NKU is a

cinderella team. I garuntee one

thing for sure will happen Fri during the game. Most of the state may not be rooting for NKU but I garuntee you most of the country will be. Cinderella teams always draw the majority of basketball fans during the big dance especially against the big bad UK, Dukes, Kansas' and UNC's of the world.

 

That alone will give NKU more publicity than they would have ever gotten if they played a Witchita State for instance.

 

This is priceless advertising that NKU could never afford to get otherwise. Even in the state itself. Their are kids down in the southern part of the state that never even knew NKU existed and now they have another KY school they can go to and play if they are DI caliber etc.

 

That as well as I am sure will be advertised during the game the fact that NKU and UK will be in conjunction with part of their medical school.

 

Its a win win imo.

First, the line is set at a number to get 50% of the money on one side and 50% on the other.

 

Second, lets do some actual scouting.

 

NKU's worst problem is dribble penetration by guards and UK has probably the best guard in the nation (Fox) at getting to the hoop. Huge problem.

 

UK is deep but actually NKU is deep too so I do not think it is that all that critical in this game.

 

UK's size is a big advantage. NKU has tough rebounders inside but the size advantage can make for a long night for NKU. All 5 Norse will have to rebound so they are not going to be running much. Williams has to scrap for his life inside and no silly fouls.

 

NKU 3-point shooting has to be "on" and they have to not force 3s and they have to be able to get a good shot off before it gets deep in the shot clock. Murray has to shoot it well. Holland too.

 

I think NKU's guards can create some offense. They are going to have to drive and draw BAM away from the NKU post players to get anything inside. Or drive and dish out to NKU shot-makers.

 

UK will be looking to bury the Norse in the first half but if NKU can keep it under 15 in the first half, they might have one run in them in the second half. UK needs to avoid their normal sluggish start or else they are going to work so much harder than they want to with a Sunday game up next.

 

If either team has players pick up 2 first half fouls and sit for a good portion of the half it is a big advantage to the other team. Got to think NKU will be a little more lenient with letting guys with 2 stay on the floor than UK will be.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.