Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky / Northern Kentucky University (NCAA First Round) Thoughts and Predictions

Who Wins? 75 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Kentucky (29-5)
      85%
    • NKU (24-10)
      14%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This is unfortunate that UK has to pound NKU in their first ever D1 tournament game.

 

UK by 29

  • Replies 97
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
C'mon rookie. :lol2:

 

3rd times the charm!

 

I know my computer froze up and when I logged back on never noticed it was on the boys hs thread.:idunno:lol

Typical NCAA being petty as usual. I always root for Kentucky teams, just not when they are playing U.K. But NKU their first big dance, it stinks!

Not really. It's actually nice that they play close to home so their fans can travel to th game.

Committee did the same thing to Florida state. I don't like it

Not really. It's actually nice that they play close to home so their fans can travel to th game.

Yeah their fans will just be wearing Blue and white for the game. That's what sucks.

NKU is gonna have a pretty decent sized crowd there I'm betting.

 

I'll be there in my black and gold.

 

Got a extra ticket to sell me? :-)

 

and they will turn their shirts inside out for the Sunday game to show Blue. :-)

 

Pity the UK fans who won't be able like in past years, to run over to the 1st round loser and buy their tickets for the next game this year, as the NKU fans will stay and watch the UK game vs. Dayton.

  • Author
Anyone know the tip time?

 

will be released I think tomorrow I'd say Louisville/Kentucky one will play in the afternoon and the other in prime time. I don't think they will have them both playing back to back.

UC, X, NKU, not too many areas in the Country, can claim the quality of Basketball played in Greater Northern Kentucky and before you laugh, remember UC will be playing in NKy next year! Then within a hundred miles you have UofL, UK and Dayton.

 

People we are spoiled with riches when it comes to NCAA Basketball! Oh and the local Bars, Brewpubs, and restaurants are holding their breaths hoping upon hope that none of the local play at the same time.

My prediction is that the rest of Ky won't rally around NKU the way they did with Morehead a few years back when they tripped up UofL in the first round. But I'll be cheering for The Norsemen.

We all knew that they would get paired up with UK or UL. Sucks for NKU.

 

Would rather play them than Louisville, Duke, or Arizona. Let's be honest, NKU isn't going to win so might as well play the team everyone else also roots for. I'm sure NKU players would rather tell their kids, grandkids they lost to UK than Arizona.

I would think Drew McDonald and Carson Williams will love the matchup since they played with Calapari's son on their AAU team I believe. Their in Indy so people can go. Great draw to me.

No shame in NKU being *Just*Happy*To*Be*Here. I just hope they aren't.

Tip approx 9:30pm Friday night.

What is the "if they keep it within X I'll be happy" number?

 

30?

My prediction is that the rest of Ky won't rally around NKU the way they did with Morehead a few years back when they tripped up UofL in the first round. But I'll be cheering for The Norsemen.

One County in this state is a perfect mixture of Blue and red. The rest is 98% Blue. That's why we all rallied behind MSU.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.