Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky / Northern Kentucky University (NCAA First Round) Thoughts and Predictions

Who Wins? 75 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Kentucky (29-5)
      85%
    • NKU (24-10)
      14%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This was very predictable, and it sucks.

 

Precisely my thoughts.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tip approx 9:30pm Friday night.

 

Good, that helps the people attending the state tourney.

Would rather play them than Louisville, Duke, or Arizona. Let's be honest, NKU isn't going to win so might as well play the team everyone else also roots for. I'm sure NKU players would rather tell their kids, grandkids they lost to UK than Arizona.

I would think Drew McDonald and Carson Williams will love the matchup since they played with Calapari's son on their AAU team I believe. Their in Indy so people can go. Great draw to me.

 

It is what it is. I just wish I could root for them in their first ever tourney game. But now I can't until the Cat's have the game in the bag.

Would rather play them than Louisville, Duke, or Arizona. Let's be honest, NKU isn't going to win so might as well play the team everyone else also roots for. I'm sure NKU players would rather tell their kids, grandkids they lost to UK than Arizona.

I would think Drew McDonald and Carson Williams will love the matchup since they played with Calapari's son on their AAU team I believe. Their in Indy so people can go. Great draw to me.

 

Agreed. This is the best draw as far as the program is concerned.

  • Author
Good, that helps the people attending the state tourney.

I agree I bought tickets Friday for the possible Friday afternoon match up between Bowling Green and Scott County.

9:30 tip time means the Bars and such will be packed and with UC playing at 7:27 and Louisville playing at 2:45 means an all day event for the bars.

Son vs. son in my family

I think the NKU players might enjoy this opportunity. As a fan rooting for both teams, the matchup stinks. But NKU gets to play in Indianapolis and will likely get some love from all the Kentucky people in the building no matter what happens in the game.

 

I go back and forth on the NCAA making these type of matchups. Back before UK and UL played each other, the NCAA would always look to pit them against each other in the tournament. The NCAA likes to create these in state matchups, especially if it is schools that don't play against each other. For established programs, I can see it as a good idea. For a new program like NKU, it doesn't seem as much fun.

This was very predictable, and it sucks.

:thumb: Along with in the bracket with WSU, the team that U.K. Beat in the tourney to stop their unbeaten season. Region capped of with UNC, UCLA in the upper bracket ...potential rematches w / two of the most exciting regular season games this season. U.K. beat UNC, got smacked around by the Bruins.

And the NCAA says they don't try to set up some games ....right. :lol2:

Oh well, the Cats were going to have to play a couple or more good teams to make a run no matter where sent.

I sure would like to have Arizona's 2 seed draw though.

The sad thing for me is that NKU finally got some support from the region, even from the press pulling for them. Let't face it, most NKU fans are also U.K. Fans. The bars will be filled with blue and white not black and gold as they were for the Horizon League championship game. I will miss that.

NKU was losing the first round game regardless. Maybe it's a little better it's to a local team?

 

This has absolutely been my take for the last week. I am not sure NKU could have gotten a better draw to be honest. Their game is 1.5 hours away, so it's easy on the fans.

 

The amount of exposure will receive this week all over the state and Greater Cincy will be much higher since they are playing NKU than if they were playing a team like Arizona, Baylor or UCLA out west.

 

Of course NKU is going to have an awful time trying to pull the upset, but in the grand scheme of things, this might have been the best scenario for the program.

What is the "if they keep it within X I'll be happy" number?

 

30?

 

I'll go a little lower and say 25.

9:30 tip time means the Bars and such will be packed and with UC playing at 7:27 and Louisville playing at 2:45 means an all day event for the bars.

 

I really wish the schedule of tip times for Thursday and Friday were flipped. I'm sure that I'm in the minority on that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.