Duke 93 UNC 83

GrizzlyAdams

Bottom line, If Duke had played up to capability most of the year. they would likely be the overall #1 seed. I dont think just because they are looking like what we thought they would be, they should get a pass. They could be an 8 seed and win it. Why not let them be that lower 3 etc and let them fight for some early games. EX (the last UK team to go to championship game)
The last UK team to get to the champ game was an 8 seed.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that's hardly the same situation this Duke team is in.

Not exactly, but Im not sure UK should have been an 8 seed based on talent, but they were based on their season. Talent wise Duke could be the overall #1, but there season tells me they should be no more than a 3. They should not get a pass for talent (5th in their league) just like UK didnt deserve a pass the same season they lost in championship game

Not exactly, but Im not sure UK should have been an 8 seed based on talent, but they were based on their season. Talent wise Duke could be the overall #1, but there season tells me they should be no more than a 3. They should not get a pass for talent (5th in their league) just like UK didnt deserve a pass the same season they lost in championship game

That UK team was dreadful the whole year. No one could have predicted the run they were about to make. This Duke team has some very good wins under their belt going into the tournament. Kentucky didn't. Nobody would be surprised if Duke won it this year. Everyone including the most rational fans within the bluegrass were shocked at UK's run in 2014. I just don't think your comparison is all that good.

That UK team was dreadful the whole year. No one could have predicted the run they were about to make. This Duke team has some very good wins under their belt going into the tournament. Kentucky didn't. Nobody would be surprised if Duke won it this year. Everyone including the most rational fans within the bluegrass were shocked at UK's run in 2014. I just don't think your comparison is all that good.

To each his own. No Pass is warranted for Duke finishing 5th in their league, even though they will probably get one. And as far as rational...you have no clue

To each his own. No Pass is warranted for Duke finishing 5th in their league, even though they will probably get one. And as far as rational...you have no clue

I'm not giving them a pass. I'm trying to explain to you just how bad that UK team was. Duke is light years ahead of where that team was.

I'm not giving them a pass. I'm trying to explain to you just how bad that UK team was. Duke is light years ahead of where that team was.

I get that, what I was saying is that UK looked more like a 4 or 5 (They were #16 RPI that year as an 8 seed) due to losing games they shouldnt have. In other words the committee didnt give them a pass to where they should have been seeded talent wise. Duke has a great team ( probably a top 8 RPI) but the bottom line should they be given a pass on what they have done in the regular season. They finished 5th in their league. They lost 3 of 4 before the ACC tourney and 8 games overall. Should they be bumped past teams that have had a better overall season? I can remember the year UK made the crazy run thinking that the Cats, even though 8 of the 10 losses were by less than 4 or 5 points and on the road mainly, and that they lost to the #1 team in the country (Florida) 3 times, that they deserved everything the committee gave them. Duke made a great run this week, and they certainly could have great momentum going into the ncaa, but should that be enough to go from a 4 seed to a 1 seed in a week.

I get that, what I was saying is that UK looked more like a 4 or 5 (They were #16 RPI that year as an 8 seed) due to losing games they shouldnt have. In other words the committee didnt give them a pass to where they should have been seeded talent wise. Duke has a great team ( probably a top 8 RPI) but the bottom line should they be given a pass on what they have done in the regular season. They finished 5th in their league. They lost 3 of 4 before the ACC tourney and 8 games overall. Should they be bumped past teams that have had a better overall season? I can remember the year UK made the crazy run thinking that the Cats, even though 8 of the 10 losses were by less than 4 or 5 points and on the road mainly, and that they lost to the #1 team in the country (Florida) 3 times, that they deserved everything the committee gave them. Duke made a great run this week, and they certainly could have great momentum going into the ncaa, but should that be enough to go from a 4 seed to a 1 seed in a week.

Ok I think I get what you are trying to say a little better now.

Based on this season of college basketball? Yes.

They finished fifth behind 3/4 teams that many people have in their final fours, that is a huge difference than finishing fifth in any other conference, They had more drama as well negative things happen to them this year that most teams see in multiple seasons. Also the gauntlet they just ran is historically great so I think validating any jump in seeds is perfectly normal for the circumstances.