March 11, 20179 yr If they win ACC they may very well be. It is possible, that would be a huge move for them. Kentucky losing tomorrow would help their cause.
March 11, 20179 yr According to Lunardi, the PAC 12 winner will be the top 2 seed And rightfully so. If I'm Duke, I'd rather be a 3. Much better chance they get sent West than if they're a 2 seed. Oregon Kentucky Duke Arizona Louisville West Virginia Four of those six are gonna be the twos. Oregon will go West. Duke, if they're a 2, will be sent to the East (Nova) or Midwest (Kansas).
March 11, 20179 yr And rightfully so. If I'm Duke, I'd rather be a 3. Much better chance they get sent West than if they're a 2 seed. Oregon Kentucky Duke Arizona Louisville West Virginia Four of those six are gonna be the twos. Oregon will go West. Duke, if they're a 2, will be sent to the East (Nova) or Midwest (Kansas). I don't see WV getting a 2
March 11, 20179 yr When UNC was up double digits and looking to put the hammer down the refs kept bailing out Duke with ticky-tac fouls on the Tar Heels and keeping them in the game from the line. I don't have a dog in the fight when these two play because I'm not a fan of either, but Duke sure seemed to get a favorable whistle in this game.
March 11, 20179 yr The Louisville game changed dramatically when Mitchell went to the bench with foul trouble, the same thing happened here when Berry went to the bench with 4 fouls. Makes you wonder!
March 11, 20179 yr Author The Louisville game changed dramatically when Mitchell went to the bench with foul trouble, the same thing happened here when Berry went to the bench with 4 fouls. Makes you wonder! Coach K pays the refs. I have been saying it for years. Only reason Duke wins games is because of the refs.
March 11, 20179 yr Coach K pays the refs. I have been saying it for years. Only reason Duke wins games is because of the refs. Didn't mean to infer that it was poor officiating. Only pointing out how both games swung dramatically when two main guards left the floor. Not a conspiracy guy.
March 11, 20179 yr Author Didn't mean to infer that it was poor officiating. Only pointing out how both games swung dramatically when two main guards left the floor. Not a conspiracy guy. It was garbage both ways. There was a point in the first half where UNC defender knocks the ball out of Duke players hand and they give it to UNC. Then the series where Justin Jackson and Grayson Allen picked up offensive fouls that made absolutely no sense at all. ACC refs have been so bad this year. I have no idea how they still have jobs.
March 11, 20179 yr I think Roy Williams left Joe Berry on the bench WAY too long. I kept thinking he would put him back in at the 10 minute, then 8 minute, then 7 minute, then 6 minute marks and he waited until 5 minutes were left and Duke had all the momentum. Way too late IMO...
March 11, 20179 yr Duke has gone from a lower 4 seed to a high 2 seed in 3 games.:lol2: Surely they will be a 1 seed after today:idunno:
March 11, 20179 yr Author Duke has gone from a lower 4 seed to a high 2 seed in 3 games.:lol2: Surely they will be a 1 seed after today:idunno: Dang. Good joke. Hasn't been said in 3 days.
March 11, 20179 yr Dang. Good joke. Hasn't been said in 3 days.In fairness, there are many out there pumping up Duke as a potential #1 seed, assuming they win tonight.
March 11, 20179 yr Dang. Good joke. Hasn't been said in 3 days. Bottom line, If Duke had played up to capability most of the year. they would likely be the overall #1 seed. I dont think just because they are looking like what we thought they would be, they should get a pass. They could be an 8 seed and win it. Why not let them be that lower 3 etc and let them fight for some early games. EX (the last UK team to go to championship game)
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.