374 Mason County

391 Pendleton County

422 Bourbon County

501 Harrison County

519 Scott

716 Montgomery County

793 Campbell County

810 Clark County

Looking solely at enrollment, one has to be at least mildly surprised at a few things.

A. Augusta's success of the last 4 or 5 years. Remarkable.

2. The emergence of Paris as a regional power. Not a total surprise in hoops, where 2 or 3 players can carry a team for a couple of years.

D. The tremendous success of Mason County for the better part of the last 16 or 18 years. The smallest of the region's "large schools"; to be acclaimed as the Commonwealth's team of the decade (2000 - 2009) is something special for a school of their size. And Brossart gave them everything they could handle for a few of those years (as did Augusta in the current decade, obviously).

Good point. I also see this as a trend at most of the smaller schools (say all of the ones from Bracken on down to Silver Grove, with the exception being Brossart which is competitive majority of the time). Seems most of them have a pretty decent team like once every 10-15 years, while the larger schools have longer stretches of success. Would you agree?

Good point. I also see this as a trend at most of the smaller schools (say all of the ones from Bracken on down to Silver Grove, with the exception being Brossart which is competitive majority of the time). Seems most of them have a pretty decent team like once every 10-15 years, while the larger schools have longer stretches of success. Would you agree?

Cannot argue, however Augusta's 5 year run was pretty sweet!

Chris Lofton and company set the bar high and IMHO they over achieved several years themselves. Winning a state title with no kid bigger than 6'3" was a phenomenal achievement. I can tell you Brent Bach was at every game during that era as a kid watching and learning....... Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

GRC has more kids in one grade thank Bracken County has in their entire school and that is mind-blowing to me. I couldn't imagine going to a school like that.

Also Augusta + St Pat + Bracken's Enrollemnt is still not bigger than Mason County. They're a big fish in a small pond in the 39th district.

Again, I ask, what is the population of the metropolis of Falmouth? Where are they hiding all of these people in that county? Isn't Maysville like 4 times the size of Falmouth, yet Pendleton County HS has a larger male population.

Butler, Falmouth, Morgan are the schools that combined to form Pendleton County. Butler is a pretty decent size.

Again, I ask, what is the population of the metropolis of Falmouth? Where are they hiding all of these people in that county? Isn't Maysville like 4 times the size of Falmouth, yet Pendleton County HS has a larger male enrollment than Mason.

I think you have to look at the size of the counties along with cities other than Maysville and Falmouth. Outside of Maysville Mason County is small. Orangeburg, Sardis, Minerva, Mayslick, and Sardis are it. Outside of Falmouth you have Butler, Morgan, Peachgrove, and Sunrise which I think is also in PC, (may be wrong on that one).

Pendleton Co is also a hop, skip and a jump from NKY as to where Maysville is just about an hour from everything, NKY, Lex, and about 90 minutes from Ashland.

GRC has more kids in one grade thank Bracken County has in their entire school and that is mind-blowing to me. I couldn't imagine going to a school like that.

Also Augusta + St Pat + Bracken's Enrollemnt is still not bigger than Mason County. They're a big fish in a small pond in the 39th district.

I graduated from a small school 180 students grades 1-12. 23 in my graduating class. Then I taught at GRC. Big difference.....:thumb:

I think you have to look at the size of the counties along with cities other than Maysville and Falmouth. Outside of Maysville Mason County is small. Orangeburg, Sardis, Minerva, Mayslick, and Sardis are it. Outside of Falmouth you have Butler, Morgan, Peachgrove, and Sunrise which I think is also in PC, (may be wrong on that one).

Pendleton Co is also a hop, skip and a jump from NKY as to where Maysville is just about an hour from everything, NKY, Lex, and about 90 minutes from Ashland.

Still, Mason County's overall population is about 3,000 more than Pendleton County. Don't know the demographics, but the school enrollment would suggest Pendleton County's population is much younger than Mason County's.

. You forgot Rectorville, Plumville, Dover and Lewisburg are in Mason Co also

First bolded - my graduating class had 650. There were over 2200 students in our high school, grades 10-12 (junior high was grades 7-9). Clark County would be a medium-sized school in a big pond where I grew up.

Second bolded - while not unique in the Commonwealth, the district enrollment disparity has obviously had significant impact on the draw/seed stance of the schools of the 39th.