"Trump Supporters Need Not Apply"

Apparently a lot of advertisements across the country in which people are seeking roommates have one rather unique requirement: NO TRUMP SUPPORTERS. In some cases, even landlords looking to rent property are saying that Pets are okay but that no Donald Trump supporters are allowed. In some cases, even those looking for dates are requesting that no Trump supporters respond. One lady on her dating profile said "No Trump supporters need respond unless you are willing to admit that you were wrong."

How do you feel about this? Would you want someone living with you or living in your apartment who supported a political person that you found disgusting and despicable? Apparently these ads are becoming quite commonplace. Are those seeking roommates, tenants, or love interests within their rights to demand that NO TRUMP SUPPORTERS NEED APPLY???

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that those that must put these kind of disclaimers on their lives are weak and insecure. Now mind you, before you all start the bashing, I did not say that non-Trump supporters are weak and insecure!!!!!!

My folks raised us 6 kids by telling us to not discuss politics around family. My folks lived this with their own siblings by avoiding political talk with our Aunts and Uncles, knowing that ballots were cast differently. One of my dear sweet sisters voted differently than the other 5 siblings. In favor of family support and unity, the other 5 sibs never discuss politics when she is around. And she knows that we all voted differently, and she also does not bring up politics when she is with us.

I see a difference between a (pre-election) Trump supporter and a Trump voter. I know of several who voted for Trump who felt that they had no other choice, though they certain were appalled with him personally.

Post-election, I see myself as a Pres. Trump supporter because I want him to be a successful president. I'm not seeing that at the moment, but it's only been a month.

I think that those that must put these kind of disclaimers on their lives are weak and insecure. Now mind you, before you all start the bashing, I did not say that non-Trump supporters are weak and insecure!!!!!!

My folks raised us 6 kids by telling us to not discuss politics around family. My folks lived this with their own siblings by avoiding political talk with our Aunts and Uncles, knowing that ballots were cast differently. One of my dear sweet sisters voted differently than the other 5 siblings. In favor of family support and unity, the other 5 sibs never discuss politics when she is around. And she knows that we all voted differently, and she also does not bring up politics when she is with us.

This kind of reminds me of my own family. Between myself, my wife and 2 kids who voted, we voted for 3 different candidates. We choose not to talk politics with the one Clinton supporter/Trump hater.

In one recent ad, a couple in the area who identified themselves as “open-minded” and liberal advertised a $500 room in their home: “If you’re racist, sexist, homophobic or a Trump supporter please don’t respond. We won’t get along.”

In another, two women in their 20s were searching for a roommate to take over a lavender-colored room in their Columbia Heights apartment for $550. The women detailed their love of happy hours, a “good Netflix sesh,” pho and tacos.

“We’re open to any age/gender identity/non-identity,” they added, “so long as you didn’t vote for Trump.

In one recent ad, a couple in the area who identified themselves as “open-minded” and liberal advertised a $500 room in their home: “If you’re racist, sexist, homophobic or a Trump supporter please don’t respond. We won’t get along.”

In another, two women in their 20s were searching for a roommate to take over a lavender-colored room in their Columbia Heights apartment for $550. The women detailed their love of happy hours, a “good Netflix sesh,” pho and tacos.

“We’re open to any age/gender identity/non-identity,” they added, “so long as you didn’t vote for Trump.

Sounds to me like a case of discrimination. Maybe we can get them to bake us a cake.

It is someones right to post something like this. But it just displays their insecurities and lack of intelligence.
Imagine the outrage if conservatives looking for roomates had posted "Obama supporters need not apply." The dog whistle conspiracy theorists would have been paraded in front of every available camera and microphone.

Have you given your thoughts on it ?

Imagine the outrage if conservatives looking for roomates had posted "Obama supporters need not apply." The dog whistle conspiracy theorists would have been paraded in front of every available camera and microphone.

If I have to hear one more person tell me their hate is justified I might throw up. With all the fear of hate and violence from Trump supporters, there has been hate and violence but it has not been from supporters of the President.