The real Aaron Rodgers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked at his diet and it's far from weird. It's basically a hard core paleo with a few more restrictions than normal paleo. It's closer to the way we should all eat than too many Americans.

I had no idea what the Paleo diet entails...Looked it up, and it looks like something that would be pretty easy to do. Breads would be the hardest part for me.

I just looked at his diet and it's far from weird. It's basically a hard core paleo with a few more restrictions than normal paleo. It's closer to the way we should all eat than too many Americans.

Paleo is hard as hell and the fact that he maintains his weight doing it is even crazier. Lebron did it for one summer in Miami and lost like 35 pounds and said screw that. Probably less than 1% of Americans subscribe to the Paleo diet. I'm guessing on that number so you can look it up if you want. But it's certainly not commonplace nor is it exactly easy to do. He's also vegetarian in the offseason on top of being on the Paleo diet. That's insanely difficult. Certainly far different than the typical American diet.

I had no idea what the Paleo diet entails...Looked it up, and it looks like something that would be pretty easy to do. Breads would be the hardest part for me.

Brady is also a vegetarian in the offseason too so no bread and no meat in any form either. It's a lot harder than woodsrider is making it seem. You are making everything by hand. I think Giselle is largely in charge of his meals though, but still that's insanely difficult. At least it would be for me. How he maintains his weight on is beyond me, Lebron did it for a summer in Miami and lost like 35 pounds and he was eating meat still too. His production at the start of the season was down until he got his weight and diet back to normal. I can't remember what year it was though. Brady is basically a freak.

Brady is also a vegetarian in the offseason too so no bread and no meat in any form either. It's a lot harder than woodsrider is making it seem. You are making everything by hand. I think Giselle is largely in charge of his meals though, but still that's insanely difficult. At least it would be for me. How he maintains his weight on is beyond me, Lebron did it for a summer in Miami and lost like 35 pounds and he was eating meat still too. His production at the start of the season was down until he got his weight and diet back to normal. I can't remember what year it was though. Brady is basically a freak.
I think it was his first year back in Cleveland. He then took that mysterious mid-season break and looked back to normal. I think he went back on the roids.

Paleo is hard as hell and the fact that he maintains his weight doing it is even crazier. Lebron did it for one summer in Miami and lost like 35 pounds and said screw that. Probably less than 1% of Americans subscribe to the Paleo diet. I'm guessing on that number so you can look it up if you want. But it's certainly not commonplace nor is it exactly easy to do. He's also vegetarian in the offseason on top of being on the Paleo diet. That's insanely difficult. Certainly far different than the typical American diet.

No it's not hard as hell. You eat enough calories you will maintain your weight. I think Lebron lost because he was trying to lose. He then realized he wasn't the same at 35 pounds lighter. It's not common place in the sense that the vast majority of Americans eat like crap and diets suck.

im guess the number of Americans doing paleo is bigger than 1% but it would be a guess on my part just like saying it's less than 1% is a guess on yours.

ive done it and guarantee you I've researched it more than you, so no it isn't harder than I'm making it out to be. Your over selling the difficulty and have obviously never tried it. Nothing processed, no grain, no refined sugar, lots of veggies, good quality meats. It's not hard. Not to mention Brady has a personal chef prepare his meals so he isn't making squat by hand.

ive done it and guarantee you I've researched it more than you, so no it isn't harder than I'm making it out to be. Your over selling the difficulty and have obviously never tried it. Nothing processed, no grain, no refined sugar, lots of veggies, good quality meats. It's not hard. Not to mention Brady has a personal chef prepare his meals so he isn't making squat by hand.

Considering it is hard to find a high number carbohydrates without grains it seems very hard. I'm not going to argue with you because you have expertise in the area, but it seems difficult to fathom how a world class athlete who requires both high amounts of carbohydrates and protein are able to accomplish adequate levels of both while on the Paleo diet.

Considering it is hard to find a high number carbohydrates without grains it seems very hard. I'm not going to argue with you because you have expertise in the area, but it seems difficult to fathom how a world class athlete who requires both high amounts of carbohydrates and protein are able to accomplish adequate levels of both while on the Paleo diet.

That's a different discussion. You said the diet was hard. Its not. As far as athletes on it, there are plenty and it works just fine.

That's a different discussion. You said the diet was hard. Its not. As far as athletes on it, there are plenty and it works just fine.

I really enjoy bread and dairy so to me it would be insanely difficult. I guess it's how people prioritize things. To me it would be hard with all of the planning and eating foods I don't enjoy. But we got off topic a little bit so I'm going to leave this topic alone for now.