The Founding Fathers Were Clear- We ARE NOT, Nor Should We Be, a Christian Nation !!!

I agree with you. The Constitution is not designed to create the US as a Christian state, rather to permit the free practice of whichever denomination. People have bastardized the "Under God" part of the Pledge of Allegiance (which started in the 1930s?) and used it as fuel for this Bible thumping fire.

"Under God" was added to the Pledge by Congress, at the urging of President Eisenhower, in 1954.

@Science Friction

How do you feel about Washington's farewell address when he says “Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of Men and Citizens. The mere Politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connections with private and public felicity...And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.”

Also here is a link to some of James Madison's writing. Madison is considered the father of the constitution

One Nation Under God: James Madison

“Religious controversies are always productive of more acrimony and irreconcilable hatreds than those which spring from any other cause. Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by the difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought most to be depreciated. I was in hopes that the enlightened and liberal policy, which has marked the present age, would at least have reconciled Christians of every denomination so far that we should never again see the religious disputes carried to such a pitch as to endanger the peace of society.”

--- George Washington

“I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my own Church. Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all.”

---Thomas Paine

“Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst.”

--- Thomas Paine

“Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half of the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind."

--- Thomas Paine

@Science Friction

How do you feel about Washington's farewell address when he says “Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of Men and Citizens. The mere Politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connections with private and public felicity...And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.”

Also here is a link to some of James Madison's writing. Madison is considered the father of the constitution

One Nation Under God: James Madison

Here are some other quotes from Madison. Seems most were made later in his life.

These Quotes Reveal What James Madison Believed About Religion

Here's a great article on Madison and his work for Religious Liberty for all.

The framers I believe never intended for the state to establish a "religion", BUT, most never intended to leave God out of the equation either.

I believe there intention was to avoid the entanglements they saw in Europe. Hence the state would not establish or endorse any religion nor interfere in the practice of it.