Working out 2017

newarkcatholicfan

Awesome! It makes it a lot easier to have common interests for sure; especially with the amount of involvement you have in sports! I'm very happy for you! How are her coffee making skills?! :lol2:

(Sorry to sidetrack this thread, btw but this was important!)

Haven't had here coffee yet...shes too busy getting back rubs and shoulder massages to get off the couch.;)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also have been trying to listen to my fit bit a little more. It popped up last hour and told me i was only 250 steps short of my 250 step per hour goal!! I got up and walked to mailbox, garage got my steps in. Now back to this darn spread sheet I've been working on.

• 2 months later...
So I have been hard at it since June and I am down ~50 lbs and back at my Junior year of high school weight. It is crazy what happens to your body when you eat the right things.

Good for you! Eat to survive and feel well, not for enjoyment.

I completed my fourth Ironman in September so I have backed off in my workout regimen since then, relative to the average workout guy. Also, leading into the IM and following I let my diet slip... too much chocolate and craft beer had me puffy. Not fat, but I was carrying 10-15 lbs more than I need. The weekend following Christmas I cut out all sweets, booze (with the exception of one Christmas party), and have limited processed food. Already down 8 lbs and it is amazing the energy difference I have. Some are so accustomed to always eating poor, processed foods, you know no difference. Haven't had a single "crash" in how I have felt in three weeks, when normally it was a daily occurrence.

And is there a worse time to watch what you eat? Everyday people are bringing by cookies, cake, and chocolate filled goodness. I have resisted and touched nothing. Bah humbug.

Have had some kind of nerve problems, that has caused major back pain ans leg pain. Been 8 weeks since I have hit the gym.

I am hoping to get in a couple of workouts this weekend.

Most of the pain has gone, but my legs are like rubber and I find myself getting tired, when walking up steps, well my legs are tired.

Yesterday I could take two steps at once, so I think things are turning around.

I have started training for a marathon. Gioing to try and run one in May 2018.

I'll have just over 30 miles this week after Saturday's run, which is my long run.

I've gotten past the initial phase where i hate running to where i actually enjoy it. I've lost about 10lbs, but I'm not really concerned with losing much honestly.

I'm also not really planning on running it in any certain time. My goal is to finish...