I climbed the Efffel Tower tonight and I barely made it...

theguru

I heard they have new rowing machines at my gym, gonna give them a try tonight.

Anybody with any experience on them? Like or dislike?

Love to hate them I guess. I actually like using them in workouts but man they can hurt. There isn't much better way for a killer cardio work out. The only ones I've ever used are the Concept 2. Like anything make sure to learn proper technique to get the most out of it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it came down to either eating healthy or exercising, eating healthy is more important, imo.

It's everything. Chronic illness, inflammation, pain all result from poor dietary choices. If you eat low inflammatory foods, walk for 60 minutes 3xs per week, and do some sort of moving your body through space for 20 minutes another 3xs, you will be way ahead of 90% of America. It doesn't have to be all consuming.

If it came down to either eating healthy or exercising, eating healthy is more important, imo.

My kryptonite. It seems like each year in my 20's I would develop a new liking for another unhealthy meal. My only upside is that I rarely ever snack. If I do then its usually fruit or yogurt.

It's everything. Chronic illness, inflammation, pain all result from poor dietary choices. If you eat low inflammatory foods, walk for 60 minutes 3xs per week, and do some sort of moving your body through space for 20 minutes another 3xs, you will be way ahead of 90% of America. It doesn't have to be all consuming.

What exactly are inflammatory foods?

What exactly are inflammatory foods?

Gluten containing foods. Simple carbs and starches, even if they are gluten free. Whole grain, multi grain, it don't matter. Too much creates inflammatory responses. It is a long explanation and I would be happy to give you the Cliffs Notes in an email.

keeping my calories to 2000 a day.

Tons of almonds, eggs, Muscle Milk, chicken, Tuna, Salmon, Kale Smoothies and an occasional Steak. Limiting carbs and Sodium (Anything you order take out has tons of sodium I dont care if it is a grilled chicken) and trying to cut out sugars as best I can. I still reward my daily caloric intake with a Nutty Bar and glass of milk from time to time. Healthier eating is really where you will see the gains....or should I say reductions.

I would drink MM after a workout but have switched to Pure Pro. Tastes better and I have noticed a difference in my recovery. Also like the much lower sodium content.

AM workout:

Walk to pasture.

Shovel manure intensely for 10 to 15 minutes.

Load, haul and hang hay bags.

Walk back to house.

2 days of push - flat benches, shoulder presses, leg extension and leg curl

2 days of pull - lat pulls, front and lateral shoulder raises and squats

1 day arms - curls and triceps extensions

do ab work every day.

weekends jog and ride and lunge horses

Evenings - shovel and drag at least 1 wagon full of manure through mud to adjoining field and dump it....excellent leg workout like a sled. Load, haul and hang hay bags.

AM workout:

Walk to pasture.

Shovel manure intensely for 10 to 15 minutes.

Load, haul and hang hay bags.

Walk back to house.

2 days of push - flat benches, shoulder presses, leg extension and leg curl

2 days of pull - lat pulls, front and lateral shoulder raises and squats

1 day arms - curls and triceps extensions

do ab work every day.

weekends jog and ride and lunge horses

Evenings - shovel and drag at least 1 wagon full of manure through mud to adjoining field and dump it....excellent leg workout like a sled. Load, haul and hang hay bags.

That's functional training. You should write a book, lol. People pay 100s a month to go to a gym just to simulate the work you do every morning.