I climbed the Efffel Tower tonight and I barely made it...

theguru

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been hitting the elliptical hard the past 1-2 months. I'll ride for over an hour (various programs), burning around 1,000-1,100 calories. I want to incorporate some lifting eventually, but happy with the toning for now.

When schedule allows:

Monday AM - Squat day with weighted pull ups between sets

Monday PM - CrossFit class

Tuesday AM - Shoulder Press w/ weighted push ups then close grip bench for assistance work

Wednesday AM - Been doing heavy sets of thrusters w/ either weighted pushups or weighted pullups between sets

Wednesday PM - CrossFit class

Thursday AM - Front squat - will either do more weighted pull ups or push ups, or assistance work on the leg machines (leg curl or extension)

Friday AM - Deadlift - assistance lifts for the back...shrugs, lat pull downs, dumbbell rows, seated rows

Friday PM - CrossFit class

Saturday AM - SOMETIMES will go to CrossFit class or to a buddies house for a group workout in his barn.

Now this is a perfect week with no conflicts and rarely happens. I usually miss a workout here or there and have to change up things. Right now I don't do CrossFit on Tuesday and Thursday PM because I'm coaching my daughters archery team and we have practice those days. Once that is over I will go back to at least 4 classes a week in not 5.

Diet:

Started trending towards a Paleo/Keto hybrid diet and will most likely go full Keto at the start of February. I'm trying to currently limit carb intake to less than 40g per day. At the start of Feb that will drop to half that at most. I've cut out drinking except a few beers on the weekend and doing one cheat meal (usually pizza) on the weekend.

Also, a better and more important question is what everyone is eating?

Whatever I want. My purpose of running is to keep myself in shape, but also so that I can eat and drink whatever I want and not put on a ton of weight. You only live once, I'm not wasting my life eating crappy tasting foods because they're healthy. :lol2:

Diet:

Started trending towards a Paleo/Keto hybrid diet and will most likely go full Keto at the start of February. I'm trying to currently limit carb intake to less than 40g per day. At the start of Feb that will drop to half that at most. I've cut out drinking except a few beers on the weekend and doing one cheat meal (usually pizza) on the weekend.

40 g/day of carbs and crossfit??? You'll get through it, but you won't be breaking any PRs.

Let me know how that goes.

40 g/day of carbs and crossfit??? You'll get through it, but you won't be breaking any PRs.

Let me know how that goes.

No doubt. On days I do crossfit I imagine I'll be cheating a bit but will see how I feel. I've done this diet before and if you can get through the first couple of weeks you will be surprised how much energy you get. If I start struggling with workouts too much I'll start adding in more veggies with occasional sweet potato or some rice. It will definitely be a work in progress.

No doubt. On days I do crossfit I imagine I'll be cheating a bit but will see how I feel. I've done this diet before and if you can get through the first couple of weeks you will be surprised how much energy you get. If I start struggling with workouts too much I'll start adding in more veggies with occasional sweet potato or some rice. It will definitely be a work in progress.

I would read up on explosive sports and ketogenic. If you aren't working towards qualifying for Regionals, you'll be fine. You'll get shredded. I can't do it anymore. I got down to 206 for my tournament, the lightest that I've been in about 14 years. I was taking in about 75 grams/carbs day. My performance REALLY suffered. I sit in the 140-150 range now, none from grains. That feels pretty good. I have the energy to roll and lift and can keep my carbs to before my workout.

Also, a better and more important question is what everyone is eating?

Really bad week for me. Largest buffet I've ever seen for breakfast, high sodium Chinese dishes for lunch than fine dining every evening along with several cocktails.

Been working out 4-5 times a week for the past couple weeks, this is a basic rundown of what I do.

Warm up with 10-15 minutes on the stair climber.

Dumbell raises for shoulders - lateral and front, 3 sets of 10

Bicep curls - two sets of 15, third set till exhaustion, increasing weight each set

Tricep extentions - two sets of 15, third set till exhaustion, increasing weight each set

Shoulder press - three sets of 12, increasing weight

Butterfly - three sets of 15, increasing weight

Leg Press- three sets of 20

Calf raises - three sets of 20

Finish with 20-25 minutes of cardio, treadmill or cross trainer

I don't always do all that on the same day. I'll usually split some up the upper body up into different days. Really I just do whatever I feel like on that particular day.

For a diet, when I decide to do it, I've done keto several times over the past 9 months. Lost 45 pounds last year doing it.

I would read up on explosive sports and ketogenic. If you aren't working towards qualifying for Regionals, you'll be fine. You'll get shredded. I can't do it anymore. I got down to 206 for my tournament, the lightest that I've been in about 14 years. I was taking in about 75 grams/carbs day. My performance REALLY suffered. I sit in the 140-150 range now, none from grains. That feels pretty good. I have the energy to roll and lift and can keep my carbs to before my workout.
OH, I've got less than zero chance of ever making regionals. I don't have the time to train to that level and not even close to strong enough. I'm happy if I I can finish mid pack at my gym in the open work outs. I really struggle with the mid line and carbs. I'm hoping I can find a diet combination that is maintainable but keeps from getting me too soft around the waste. It could end up being more of a carb cycling type diet.

OH, I've got less than zero chance of ever making regionals. I don't have the time to train to that level and not even close to strong enough. I'm happy if I I can finish mid pack at my gym in the open work outs. I really struggle with the mid line and carbs. I'm hoping I can find a diet combination that is maintainable but keeps from getting me too soft around the waste. It could end up being more of a carb cycling type diet.

I feel you. I eat 40 grams on days I don't lift or do Jiu Jitsu. My insulin sensitivity has improved drastically the past 5 months, so I can put in more carbs and not get too soft, but there is definitely a fine line. I don't know what would happen if I got back into grains/starches with frequency. I imagine that I'd go back to where I was before, getting insulin resistant and storing fat and being inflamed. Not willing to try.

Quick cardio finisher:

Put treadmill on 10% incline at 10 mph

0:00 - 0:40, rest

0:40 - 1:00, run

1:00 - 1:40, rest

1:40 - 2:00, run

2:00 - 2:40, rest

2:40 - 3:00, run

3:00 - 3:40, rest

3:40 - 4:00, run

4:00 - 4:40, rest

4:40 - 5:00, run

5:00 - 5:40, rest

5:40 - 6:00, run

6 sprints sounds easy, but you'll be huffing and puffing by the 3rd minute.