I climbed the Efffel Tower tonight and I barely made it...

theguru

Diet:

Started trending towards a Paleo/Keto hybrid diet and will most likely go full Keto at the start of February. I'm trying to currently limit carb intake to less than 40g per day. At the start of Feb that will drop to half that at most. I've cut out drinking except a few beers on the weekend and doing one cheat meal (usually pizza) on the weekend.

I've had GREAT success with keto.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick cardio finisher:

Put treadmill on 10% incline at 10 mph

0:00 - 0:40, rest

0:40 - 1:00, run

1:00 - 1:40, rest

1:40 - 2:00, run

2:00 - 2:40, rest

2:40 - 3:00, run

3:00 - 3:40, rest

3:40 - 4:00, run

4:00 - 4:40, rest

4:40 - 5:00, run

5:00 - 5:40, rest

5:40 - 6:00, run

6 sprints sounds easy, but you'll be huffing and puffing by the 3rd minute.

I use to do a workout similar to this but would do 1 min sprint, 1 min jog or walk for 8 sets. Worked my way up to 10mph on the sprints however that was at no incline. These are great work outs if you are trying to improve your 5k times.

I feel you. I eat 40 grams on days I don't lift or do Jiu Jitsu. My insulin sensitivity has improved drastically the past 5 months, so I can put in more carbs and not get too soft, but there is definitely a fine line. I don't know what would happen if I got back into grains/starches with frequency. I imagine that I'd go back to where I was before, getting insulin resistant and storing fat and being inflamed. Not willing to try.
That's me exactly. Reduced inflammation is the other benefit I didn't mention but hope to see.

I've had GREAT success with keto.
When I did a few years ago I had awesome results in terms of fat loss. The mistake I made was I didn't concern myself with what I ate as long as I hit the macro's needed. I was eating alot of crap just to get the fat levels I needed.

I did about 20 minutes on the treadmill tonight warming up and then I decided on the stair stepper for my cardio. They have a mode where you can climb different world structures. A couple of weeks ago I climbed the Great Pyramid like it was child's play but tonight I decided to climb the Eiffel Tower. About 2700 steps up and 45 minutes later my shirt was soaked, I was beat, and I didn't even care about the Hottie on the machine next to me.

I know that amount of steps doesn't coincide with the actual steps on the Eiffel Tower but that isn't the point. The point is those stair climbers will make a Man out of you or kill you in the process.

What do you do at the gym (for a workout) that is tough? I may want to try it.

I've been "playing" basketball 15-20 minutes to warmup.

Then hit the weights.

25 Min cardio after that.

Sometimes I will get on the machine you reference for 5-10 minutes for some extra cardio. That thing is no joke, especially if you are tired already.

Also, a better and more important question is what everyone is eating?

keeping my calories to 2000 a day.

Tons of almonds, eggs, Muscle Milk, chicken, Tuna, Salmon, Kale Smoothies and an occasional Steak. Limiting carbs and Sodium (Anything you order take out has tons of sodium I dont care if it is a grilled chicken) and trying to cut out sugars as best I can. I still reward my daily caloric intake with a Nutty Bar and glass of milk from time to time. Healthier eating is really where you will see the gains....or should I say reductions.

I've been "playing" basketball 15-20 minutes to warmup.

Then hit the weights.

25 Min cardio after that.

Sometimes I will get on the machine you reference for 5-10 minutes for some extra cardio. That thing is no joke, especially if you are tired already.

Hoops is a great cardiovascular exercise. I need to get back on the hardwood!

keeping my calories to 2000 a day.

Tons of almonds, eggs, Muscle Milk, chicken, Tuna, Salmon, Kale Smoothies and an occasional Steak. Limiting carbs and Sodium (Anything you order take out has tons of sodium I dont care if it is a grilled chicken) and trying to cut out sugars as best I can. I still reward my daily caloric intake with a Nutty Bar and glass of milk from time to time. Healthier eating is really where you will see the gains....or should I say reductions.

What else do you use in your kale smoothies?

Also, a better and more important question is what everyone is eating?

Whatever the hell I want, LOL although we eat pretty health........salmon/trout, pork roast, & chicken once a week, with a wide variety of veggies and fruit.

I might indulge in"fast food" 3 or 4 times a month, if that. However, my nighttime snacks not too healthy, Potato chips, Hershey bars, & Mtn. Dew.

Needless to say I've NEVER exceeded 210 lbs. in weight.

Whatever the hell I want, LOL although we eat pretty health........salmon/trout, pork roast, & chicken once a week, with a wide variety of veggies and fruit.

I might indulge in"fast food" 3 or 4 times a month, if that. However, my nighttime snacks not too healthy, Potato chips, Hershey bars, & Mtn. Dew.

Needless to say I've NEVER exceeded 210 lbs. in weight.

For exercise, you run between every high school event in Kentucky.