Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 87 Vanderbilt 81

Featured Replies

Their help defense imo is still not very good. When a man gets beat there is not a defender there to help out without committing a foul. I really think Cal likes these early challenges so that he can continue to drill into these young kids heads what they need to do to be a championship team. You can't give up 81 pts to an 8-8 team.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek Willis can't have two good games in a row. I think it's just impossible for him to thrive off of success.

 

If Cats don't find some better help off the bench, they will have trouble in the NCAA tourney vs top flight teams.

I really wonder what Bolden would have looked like at the #4 on this team.

As an outsider, have to say that defense is still problematic, but road conference wins are road conference wins. January and February ain't about looking pretty.

I think with Fox and Monk getting into early foul trouble and sitting out for extending minutes threw off their rhythm. If that doesn't happen I believe they would have been up 15-20 at the half. After Fox left the game the play went to a more half court battle, and even after he came back it sort of remained that way.

Nice win for the Cats! Tough to win at Vandy.

I am to the point where I just wanna see more Killeya-Jones. Give him Humphries minutes.

 

Also, watch Willis and Gabriel play defense is atrocious.

I can understand why Willis is that bad, but Gabriel has no excuse. He's too athletic to be that bad.

I can understand why Willis is that bad, but Gabriel has no excuse. He's too athletic to be that bad.

 

I think that he is a situation where he grew a ton in a very quick rate while in high school. My completely random guess is that he hasn't gotten used to his body again yet. Which also goes to show that freak that was Anthony Davis.

I'm with you MJ. I'm still trying to figure out why Killeya-Jones hasn't seen more time. He can't do any worse than Humphries has.

The Killeya-Jones situation is a mystery to me. He really hasn't been given the in game opportunity to play. Seems that Cal is commited to playing three or four guards and at this point has written Killeya-Jones off. Strange.

The Killeya-Jones situation is a mystery to me. He really hasn't been given the in game opportunity to play. Seems that Cal is commited to playing three or four guards and at this point has written Killeya-Jones off. Strange.

 

Makes me wonder if he might move on. Hope not.

Makes me wonder if he might move on. Hope not.

 

The signs are certainly there.

Even though I said we might as well see what he has, with SKJ, I have to just say, "In Cal I Trust." SKJ must not be showing much in practice to warrant playing time over Humphries if he isn't getting it.

Even though I said we might as well see what he has, with SKJ, I have to just say, "In Cal I Trust." SKJ must not be showing much in practice to warrant playing time over Humphries if he isn't getting it.

 

Practice? We talkin bout practice?

Even though I said we might as well see what he has, with SKJ, I have to just say, "In Cal I Trust." SKJ must not be showing much in practice to warrant playing time over Humphries if he isn't getting it.

 

To be honest, IMO, SKJ hasn't shown much in game time either.

 

Let's be honest here. Humphries is only 18 and a sophomore. The reason Cal plays him is: He's a big body, Whoever is there is there to eat minutes, and he tries hard to rebound and does get some boards.

 

But his role is like that of Eloy Vargas. He's a minute eater until the real players can get on the court.

 

I remember that Josh Harrelson was a waste of space until that magical Senior Season when he "got it" and all his work and effort paid off in a big way. I can see the same for Humphries in another year or two.

 

Just my two cents.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.