Kentucky 87 Vanderbilt 81

16thBBall Fan

Their help defense imo is still not very good. When a man gets beat there is not a defender there to help out without committing a foul. I really think Cal likes these early challenges so that he can continue to drill into these young kids heads what they need to do to be a championship team. You can't give up 81 pts to an 8-8 team.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek Willis can't have two good games in a row. I think it's just impossible for him to thrive off of success.

If Cats don't find some better help off the bench, they will have trouble in the NCAA tourney vs top flight teams.

I think with Fox and Monk getting into early foul trouble and sitting out for extending minutes threw off their rhythm. If that doesn't happen I believe they would have been up 15-20 at the half. After Fox left the game the play went to a more half court battle, and even after he came back it sort of remained that way.

I can understand why Willis is that bad, but Gabriel has no excuse. He's too athletic to be that bad.

I think that he is a situation where he grew a ton in a very quick rate while in high school. My completely random guess is that he hasn't gotten used to his body again yet. Which also goes to show that freak that was Anthony Davis.

The Killeya-Jones situation is a mystery to me. He really hasn't been given the in game opportunity to play. Seems that Cal is commited to playing three or four guards and at this point has written Killeya-Jones off. Strange.

Makes me wonder if he might move on. Hope not.

Even though I said we might as well see what he has, with SKJ, I have to just say, "In Cal I Trust." SKJ must not be showing much in practice to warrant playing time over Humphries if he isn't getting it.

To be honest, IMO, SKJ hasn't shown much in game time either.

Let's be honest here. Humphries is only 18 and a sophomore. The reason Cal plays him is: He's a big body, Whoever is there is there to eat minutes, and he tries hard to rebound and does get some boards.

But his role is like that of Eloy Vargas. He's a minute eater until the real players can get on the court.

I remember that Josh Harrelson was a waste of space until that magical Senior Season when he "got it" and all his work and effort paid off in a big way. I can see the same for Humphries in another year or two.

Just my two cents.