Biden defends Trump supporters in interview.

jericho

He didnt even try in NY or Calif. If ha had he would have got more votes, but he played the Elect College Vote game. ( He won) Who cares what a bunch of people in Calif think anyway.

Yep. Clearly some people aren't deserving of a voice or opinion because of where they live.

That's a very tired argument.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Clearly some people aren't deserving of a voice or opinion because of where they live.

That's a very tired argument.

No your wrong.

They do deserve a voice, but he knew what they would vote and spent more time stealing the states the Dems always won.

No your wrong.

They do deserve a voice, but he knew what they would vote and spent more time stealing the states the Dems always won.

You did say "who cares what a bunch of people in California say" didn't you?? My comment wasn't on how he won. It was on the common theme heard here, that minimizes opinions if they are from certain areas. You statement falls into that old, tired argument I referred to.

Well, the insulting part goes both ways. Republicans need to move on from some of their rhetoric bashing Dems as well. We aren't all protesting, we aren't all whiners or "snowflakes". And there are a lot of us out.

I agree you can't lump all or most Democrats into this bubble. The problem is that Democrat leaders not only didn't speak to Middle America, they also didn't denounce and still won't denounce those who name call Middle America or do those acts you speak about above.

The two who have given the best statements from the left since the election are Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden.

I agree you can't lump all or most Democrats into this bubble. The problem is that Democrat leaders not only didn't speak to Middle America, they also didn't denounce and still won't denounce those who name call Middle America or do those acts you speak about above.

The two who have given the best statements from the left since the election are Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden.

For what it's worth, I agree. I really don't think HRC had a message at all. She sat back and hoped Trump's mouth would keep getting him in trouble. Hillary was almost invisible, and didn't give anyone any reason to latch on to her. Trump may not have had much substance, but at least he was out there, putting out a message and connecting with people. I'm ok with a little bit of silence from Dem leadership right now. It's time to regroup, and unify on some sort of message that is appealing. I think they'll wait and what direction the R's go before you start hearing the next talking points. And the R's have to tread carefully. If things start to go sideways, they won't be able to blame anyone else.

A few excerpts. Pretty true also.

Biden tells the Times he knew Clinton would lose in October, when he watched a Trump rally and saw how closely voters connected with the Republican nominee’s views and personality.

He then slammed his own party, telling the Times that not only are Republicans not racist, Democrats lost because they arrogantly refused to speak to middle America.

“They’re all the people I grew up with. They’re their kids. And they’re not racist. They’re not sexist. But we didn’t talk to them,” Biden said about Trump voters.

He pinned Clinton’s loss on one major problem: She didn’t seem to care.

As for Trump, Biden tells the Times “I don’t think he understands working-class or middle-class people” but “he at least acknowledged the pain.”

Biden also slammed Bernie Sanders and his supporters, calling them unrealistic for blaming America’s problems on “the rich.”

Unleashed Biden shreds Dems for calling Trump supporters racist - Self-Reliance Central

Joe is an old man and while not all republicans are racist there are some that are and those that are were seen in full bore throughout this campaign. I'm not sure how any sane person can deny that. There are racist republicans and racist democrats and we all see them all of the time.

Middle America is a broad term. Do you mean income, location, urban, rural, etc.? That needs to be clarified. Joe Biden I believe is talking about rural white America. Is that what you mean?

I always thought middle America is code for white people and inner city is code for black people.

For what it's worth, I agree. I really don't think HRC had a message at all. She sat back and hoped Trump's mouth would keep getting him in trouble. Hillary was almost invisible, and didn't give anyone any reason to latch on to her. Trump may not have had much substance, but at least he was out there, putting out a message and connecting with people. I'm ok with a little bit of silence from Dem leadership right now. It's time to regroup, and unify on some sort of message that is appealing. I think they'll wait and what direction the R's go before you start hearing the next talking points. And the R's have to tread carefully. If things start to go sideways, they won't be able to blame anyone else.

They will blame Obama. Believe that.

It was both.

Really she had no message to hang her hat on. But you and I know it was her being HRC that caused her to not get the votes from who JB says. Not to be lost in this she didn't rally minorities to come out and vote, thus the surprises in MI, WI, and PA. Those are the voters who came out in droves to support Obama.

DJT used the exact strategy, but with rural white America. It worked for him and we will live with what he brings good or bad.

In 4 years can the Dem get those voters out and can DJT sustain and get the same voters for him at equal or better numbers.