Thanks Obama

All Tell

First let me say I'm one of the lucky ones. I have a job and I've gotten small raises every year the last seven years. Not enough to cover cost of living increases though and that's on Obama.

Biggest examples.

Before the Democrats screwed up health care even worse then it was before I had a nice plan. Paid a reasonable co-pay and wasn't concerned when I needed to go to the doctor.

Now between paying my portion of the premium and the co-pays and deductibles that I have I have to go almost 5K out of pocket before I get any coverage at all. But hey, we have lots more people who were "uninsurable" before on the insurance rolls. I on the other hand now have major medical but I'm paying more then I was for comprehensive coverage before.

Then today I hear that LG&E and KU are going to ask for a rate hike that will raise the average consumer's bill $13 a month in order to pay for improvements mandated by Obama's EPA to try to meet standards that are unattainable. 13 bucks may not sound like much but on my budget it is.

Now I know that Obama's supporters on here will tell me I'm being selfish, and that as Spock so eloquently put it the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Frankly I don't care. I'm 100% being selfish because I'm convinced that that's the driving force behind many that support Obama and his agenda. I want mine and to hell with everyone else. At 56 years old I'm tired of working hard just to get by paycheck to paycheck. I'm also terrified because I'm closing in on the age that I can start thinking about slowing down and retiring. Based on projections of my 401K and what Social Security says will be available if I want to retire at 67 I'll have to sell my house (a modest 1000 square foot ranch built in 1959 that I bought from my grandparent's estate by the way, not a mansion that all of us rich deplorables supposedly have) and move back into an apartment because I won't be able to afford my mortgage and there's no way I'll be able to pay it off before then.

So thanks for the past 8 years Barry. If possible you've made me even more cynical and bitter then I was before.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At first glance, if you're annual raises aren't covering inflation and cost of living increases, I'd say the blame lies with your employer rather than President Obama.

I say that while fully agreeing that the ACA is an complete and utter disaster.

Cost of living has gone up because of Obama so sorry I still blame him.

Cost of living has been going up long before President Obama took office. If you really blame him for that, I'm gonna guess if your car breaks down, you'll blame him for that too.

No, but if I have to buy a new one I'll blame him because I can't afford it.

Cost of living has been going up long before President Obama took office. If you really blame him for that, I'm gonna guess if your car breaks down, you'll blame him for that too.

No, but if I have to buy a new one I'll blame him because I can't afford it.

I believe, and of course I'll be told I'm wrong by my friends to my left, one of the reasons VW monkeyed with the software in their diesel cars was due to the almost unrealistic MPG requirements mandated by the present U. S. administration. I'm sure darn near EVERY car manufacturer does something like this, VW is the first to be caught.

At first glance, if you're annual raises aren't covering inflation and cost of living increases, I'd say the blame lies with your employer rather than President Obama.

Because our economy has been anemic for the entire 8 year run of Obama, it is very likely that the employer cannot afford to give out higher raises without risking going out of business. 1% economic growth is not what businesses need to be sustainable and give them the ability to invest in their businesses or their employees. Many are fortunate to still have their doors open.

I will agree with your first sentence 150%. Guess what, he is my employer. A 1% percent raise each of the last 2 years and none for the 3 prior certainly do not make it easier to pay your bills when all utilities have likely gone up 15 to 25% over those periods. So who do I need to blame?

I will agree with your first sentence 150%. Guess what, he is my employer. A 1% percent raise each of the last 2 years and none for the 3 prior certainly do not make it easier to pay your bills when all utilities have likely gone up 15 to 25% over those periods. So who do I need to blame?

Yourself for taking a government job? :D

Relax, I'm messing with ya.

If cost of living raises and return on investment are the barometers of a successful Presidency, Jimmy Carter was the greatest in my lifetime.

Wonderful, wonderful man but for some reason the words "president", "Jimmy Carter", "greatest" just don't fit together. I was an Anderson man then.