Thanks Obama

All Tell

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so I'm clear:

When people who are making minimum wage are asking for a higher wage, then need to do something to get themselves a higher paying job. When they want healthcare benefits they're supposed to find an employer who provides them, even if means finding another job. Essentially, it's all on them. But if a college educted person isn't satisfied with the hand they are dealt by their employer , it's the governments fault?

Before I came to work where I am 5 years ago, I worked 10 years abd had 3 2% increases total, over that time.

I switched and in 5 years have almost doubled my salary, have benefits that are great, with reasonable OOP and deductables, at less than $75/month. I have 4% 401K match from them and I have gothen a 4% profit sharing distribution each March. Of course their are some tradeoffs, including a crappy commute. But I'm hard pressed to feel like my lot is not better, or that of it was not as I would like it, I couldn't fix it by leaving.

And to be clear, I didn't come out of college and get a decent job. I got divorced, needed a job and leaped at every opportunity to advance, even when I was in over my head. When I needed more money, I worked more jobs. At one point when I needed affordable insurance, I sought out a part tI'm job with great benefits (SBUX), and stayed there a good while.

So, yeah....some of us are not going to be able to empathize.

***Aloha!

I hear that a lot TAC from people I know.

My question always arises as to "When were the morals in this country all the rage?" I see a sense of morality in some arenas of my past and the recent history but also saw some pretty awful things I would call immoral and others would just call society issues.

I've also not understood this connection. Who the President is affects morals how?