Highlands 1 Newport Catholic 0

Be careful wayoffsides, some on here will be all over you for these comments and allow me to remind you by quoting him,

"Game control is an important job of the referee and cards are one of the tools for game control."

Switching back to yellow cards, there is something to be said for learning to play with a card. If a coach never allows his player to play with a yellow, the player can never learn to do so. So if the situation happens say the regional final game and an impact player receives a yellow card in the first half, he will have no experience of how to play the rest of the game carrying this yellow card. Last night may have not been the best time to gain this experience given the ALL A tournament this weekend, but maybe a game coming up. And if what you say is true, "Not sure he has ever played a match that I have witnessed where he has not received a card for physical play." it won't take long for this teaching situation to occur.

By the way about how many games have you seen NCC play this season…how many yellow cards does Muck have? Either you have not seen many games or he has a ton of yellow cards.

I have attended several matches and he has gotten a few as well as not. From what I have seen he is a very intense player who gets the attention of officials fairly quickly. It has also appeared that he has a tendency to not hold his tongue that has also resulted in a card or two. Hopefully for his sake that issue goes away with maturity.

I have also had opportunities to see his club team and he and his teammates do continue play after a booking. Last nights match was not so physical it warranted such heavy control IMO.

Thanks for the friendly warning and the reminder

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Logan has had a history with cards over the past few years. Is he talented, there's no question he's one of the best players in nky.

Was the coach correct for sitting him? That's the coaches decision, his team his rules. In my opinion, not a bad decision at all with all A this weekend.

Yellow cards are a part of the game. In basketball, you are taught to use your fouls. I completely agree with that philosophy even in a futbol match. A player getting a yellow is within the rules ( obviously ). I have never seen Muck get a red card. If you ask me, he's just a physical player who wants to win and will foul you if needed, and I love that mentality

Edited by 2 much info
Typo

Really false pretenses. Game control is an important job of the referee and cards are one of the tools for game control. Khsaa has told the officials to get control of the physical play and dissent.

Have KHSAA officials also done something new to improve the proficiency of the referees? I think this, in combination with the bolded above, would be welcomed by players, coaches, and fans alike.

So if a player gets a card almost every time he plays when does it stop being a ref issue and a player issue?

In this hypothetical, is the player my son or on the team I root for? The answer to that question will greatly effect my answer?

Have KHSAA officials also done something new to improve the proficiency of the referees? I think this, in combination with the bolded above, would be welcomed by players, coaches, and fans alike.

In this hypothetical, is the player my son or on the team I root for? The answer to that question will greatly effect my answer?

No idea. But if you feel that way I know they let anyone come on board to participate.