Louisville Jumps to #3 in New AP Poll

16thBBall Fan

They don't have to put a whole season together like that. It wouldn't take another effort like that to beat Clemson, IMO. Louisville took another step to join the big boys at the top of the conference Saturday, nothing more. Baby steps.

And as for Watson being over looked because of Jackson, you definitely have that backwards.

Yes they do have to put together a whole season like that. Maybe not against Marshall, but they need to against Clemson and Houston or they will lose. Nobody is invincible in college football. Just because FSU whiffed on their game plan to stop Lamar Jackson doesn't mean everyone will. It is impossible to keep up the pace Jackson is on, he isn't going to put up 5 touchdowns on Clemson and Houston. Dabo Swinney is a fantastic coach who will have his teams ready to play. I think you are under the influence that since they murdered FSU and basically played a perfect game means that FSU had to of been playing their best too. I think FSU played horrible. Now I think UofL would still best FSU simply because of Jackson, but it wouldn't be 63-20 I can assure you that. I could see that rematch being more 35-24 or something like that.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is talking about Watson because they have been under-performing. If Jackson and Louisville beat a Troy by only six points I'm sure his talk will die down too.
His team is struggling but he isn't. His numbers are still pretty good. Now it's his job as a leader to pump up the team, but he is doing his part.

Yes they do have to put together a whole season like that. Maybe not against Marshall, but they need to against Clemson and Houston or they will lose. Nobody is invincible in college football. Just because FSU whiffed on their game plan to stop Lamar Jackson doesn't mean everyone will. It is impossible to keep up the pace Jackson is on, he isn't going to put up 5 touchdowns on Clemson and Houston. Dabo Swinney is a fantastic coach who will have his teams ready to play. I think you are under the influence that since they murdered FSU and basically played a perfect game means that FSU had to of been playing their best too. I think FSU played horrible. Now I think UofL would still best FSU simply because of Jackson, but it wouldn't be 63-20 I can assure you that. I could see that rematch being more 35-24 or something like that.

Jackson was a huge part of our win. But Louisville's Defense was an even bigger part. Stopping FSU like they did was the key. It could have been a very high scoring affair on both ends of the field, if not for Louisville's D.

UofL doesn't have to play as well against Clemson and Houston as they did against FSU to win those games. If you think they do, we will simply have to agree to disagree.

I don't think nor have I inferred that UofL is invincible.

Everyone doubted that Jackson would have a good game against FSU because Louisville hadn't played anybody. Guess what? He did.

Florida State didn't look good because Louisville made them look bad. They weren't dropping passes, they didn't commit a bunch of penalties, they just got beat down by a better team. Sure they could have played better, but let's not like Louisville just got lucky and played really well and FSU played terrible both on the same day. That's hater stuff. FSU looked bad because Louisville made them look bad.

Clemson will be the most hostile environment Louisville will play in by far this season. Louisville very well may lose and barring a blowout by Clemson, no outcome would surprise me.

Talk of a rematch between UofL and FSU is irrelevant. The game was played, FSU got worked and now both teams move on. Louisville still has A LOT of work to do.

His team is struggling but he isn't. His numbers are still pretty good. Now it's his job as a leader to pump up the team, but he is doing his part.

If your argument is that people aren't talking about Watson because of Jackson, you're probably right. Lamar's numbers are WAY better. Not even close. What's your issue with that?

Jackson was a huge part of our win. But Louisville's Defense was an even bigger part. Stopping FSU like they did was the key. It could have been a very high scoring affair on both ends of the field, if not for Louisville's D.
I think FSU's defense being unable to stop Louisville offense was what caused FSU's offense to sputter not the Louisville D (but they did play very well).

I think FSU's defense being unable to stop Louisville offense was what caused FSU's offense to sputter not the Louisville D (but they did play very well).

That makes zero sense.

Louisville held Dalvin Cook to 56 yards. That was because of FSU's defense? :lol2: Come on man.

If your argument is that people aren't talking about Watson because of Jackson, you're probably right. Lamar's numbers are WAY better. Not even close. What's your issue with that?

That is exactly my argument. Obviously Lamars numbers are way better. But before the season Deshaun Watson was the leading Heisman candidate and hasn't exactly dropped off the face of the earth. I'm not saying Watson should be getting more praise at all. I'm just saying not to forget about him. Right now they should only invite one guy to New York and that is Lamar Jackson, but remember last year? We crowned Leonard Fournette the Heisman, if there was a way to compare QB numbers and RB numbers then Fournette numbers up until the Bama game were the same as Lamar Jacksons numbers so far. Hopefully for your alls sake Clemson isn't Jacksons kryptonite the way Alabama was for Fournette.

That is exactly my argument. Obviously Lamars numbers are way better. But before the season Deshaun Watson was the leading Heisman candidate and hasn't exactly dropped off the face of the earth. I'm not saying Watson should be getting more praise at all. I'm just saying not to forget about him. Right now they should only invite one guy to New York and that is Lamar Jackson, but remember last year? We crowned Leonard Fournette the Heisman, if there was a way to compare QB numbers and RB numbers then Fournette numbers up until the Bama game were the same as Lamar Jacksons numbers so far. Hopefully for your alls sake Clemson isn't Jacksons kryptonite the way Alabama was for Fournette.

I don't think anybody has forgotten about Watson. I KNOW nobody in the Louisville camp has. We can't control what the national media talks about. We all know they go with what or who is hot.

You're right. There is plenty of time for Jackson to disappear this season. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

That makes zero sense.

Louisville held Dalvin Cook to 56 yards. That was because of FSU's defense? :lol2: Come on man.

Are you kidding me? Yeah I'm sure FSU was sitting over there on the sidelines watching Lamar Jackson run up and down the field thinking they were capable of doing the same things. The psychological aspect of football is almost as important as the physical talent on the field. If you know that a team is better than you and there is nothing you can do about it, you aren't going to play with the same energy. FSU also had to change the playbook completely to try and catch up so they were calling more pass plays.

I don't think anybody has forgotten about Watson. I KNOW nobody in the Louisville camp has. We can't control what the national media talks about. We all know they go with what or who is hot.

You're right. There is plenty of time for Jackson to disappear this season. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Hopefully is doesn't happen. I want to see UofL succeed, that is until they run into the freight train that is my Ohio State Buckeyes, haha. Sorry I've had to play devils advocate today, but just trying to make sure we don't crown UofL the greatest team ever and Lamar Jackson the greatest player ever 3 weeks into the season. Long way to go.

Are you kidding me? Yeah I'm sure FSU was sitting over there on the sidelines watching Lamar Jackson run up and down the field thinking they were capable of doing the same things. The psychological aspect of football is almost as important as the physical talent on the field. If you know that a team is better than you and there is nothing you can do about it, you aren't going to play with the same energy. FSU also had to change the playbook completely to try and catch up so they were calling more pass plays.

I'm not kidding.

If you think the reason Louisville's defense dominated FSU's offense is because of FSU's defense, we're just going to have to agree to disagree. You obviously have no intent on giving credit where credit is due.