Louisville Jumps to #3 in New AP Poll

16thBBall Fan

Sorry I've had to play devils advocate today, but just trying to make sure we don't crown UofL the greatest team ever and Lamar Jackson the greatest player ever 3 weeks into the season. Long way to go.

Nobody has crowned Louisville anything. They got a big win they haven't been able to get the past two seasons, no more no less.

Lamar Jackson IS the best player in College Football three weeks into the 2016 season. There really is no debating that. Doesn't mean that's where he will finish, but that's where we stand as of now. Lot of season left.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two days later and I'm still not completely sure what I watched. I don't know if UofL is that freaking good, FSU is that god awful, or just a perfect storm.

There's a lot of all of those happening. I'm inclined to perfect storm. I think Louisville is better than FSU but I don't think they're definitely 43 points better.

Is it National Championship or bust for UL yet?

Absolutely not. Win at Clemson and I think it's probably playoff or bust, but given what I've seen out of Ohio State and Alabama, not to mention their reputations, "national championship or bust" is not a sentiment I'm prepared for.

JA here to stir the pot. :lol2:

This can't be a serious question.

We'll be happy to win the Atlantic. Ecstatic to win the ACC. Anything beyond that is unreasonable at this point.

You have the Heisman front runner and just destroyed FSU. Winning the ACC is sand bagging, National title might be a tad far. I'd say playoff or bust.

Maybe I'm too high on UL I think it's the best UL team we've seen in recent memory. They have the Mike Vick put Vtech on the map feel to them.

If they beat Clemson, I'll be more open to the idea of really giving them high praise.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Maybe I'm too high on UL I think it's the best UL team we've seen in recent memory. They have the Mike Vick put Vtech on the map feel to them.

They may be the best UL team ever, but that doesn't mean they're the best team this year. At least, that's where I am. If we beat Clemson, I'm closer to thinking like you. If we beat both Clemson and Houston and do so convincingly, I'm buying a seat on the UL Hype Train