Stat of the Year for the Redlegs

** Marshall grad , Dan Strailey has allowed 3 hits or less in 11 of his starts this year. Folks, that's hits, not runs. 3 hits or fewer in 11 starts. Ponder that for a minute. That is a Reds' franchise record.

**On the negative side, Reds' relievers have given up, what is it now, 26 or 27 dingers to the first batter they've faced? I lost count. I believe that they are closing in on a Major League Record for first batter faced homers.

Which do you think is the stat of the year for these Redlegs? One of the above or something else?

Joey Votto is currently hitting .421 since the break. He's trying to become the 1st player in the majors since 2004 (Ichiro) to hit over .400 after the All-Star break.

Good call, UKMF. If I had of posted another stat , it would have been Joey-related. Amazing numbers in the second half. Just think what his overall numbers would look like if he had been closer to his usual self in the first half.

The Reds have allowed 68 home runs when the batter has two strikes...most in the bigs. That stat is crazy to me. I don't know how many of those were with a full count, but if it isn't the vast majority of them, it is supremely bad.

For economy of scale, they have allowed 78 with one strike and 85 with no strikes.